GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock DV issues after DV+ removal.

Z27

Ready to race!
Posted this on Vortex as well:

After speaking with Unitronic, they do not recommend using the DV+ with their tune so I proceeded to remove it.

When I was in the process of uninstalling/installing the stock DV, my nail slightly pinched the blue plastic seal and dented it lightly (but not enough to deform).

I am having a similar issue to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZDjHgbUdo

The video shows the piston is entirely loose; in my case, the piston still has some grab and requires a light tug to detach.

When driving on D, I seldom get like a boost leak sound during light throttle. When I use sport mode or drive the car hard in D, I do not hear this.

- Am I having DV issues?

- Does the blue plastic seal any boost or is it entirely up to the piston?

- Is it a problem that the piston does not clasp into the casing? I would imagine not since the DV+ does not have any clasp either and is entirely loose.

Z27

Ready to race!
Quoting:

"I don't recommend the DV+, as the ECU relies on its ability to modulate the diverter valve electronically, not just it become an on/off switch. It could cause adverse side effects."

After asking about aftermarket BOV:

"The stock diverter valve is the only option for proper operation, as the ECU has the ability to modulate it properly."

Z27

Ready to race!
That blue plastic ring was damaged when I took the stock DV apart on mine as well, I'm just going to pick a new one up if I go back to the stock DV.

https://deutscheautoparts.com/06h-145-710-c.html

Thanks for the link. I'm a bit hesitant buying a full OEM DV if all components work fine except for the ever so slightly dented blue plastic seal.

You think this can be sourced separately?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Highly doubt it, alternatively you could run the DV+ without the piston spring that should behave just like stock.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
The the vortex classifieds see if anyone is selling their stock one? I doubt you can purchase components of the assembly separately.

Z27

Ready to race!
Highly doubt it, alternatively you could run the DV+ without the piston spring that should behave just like stock.

This is interesting. I'll look into this. Thanks!

Z27

Ready to race!
I had the JB1 and DV+ before together with the PedalBox. The combo worked awesome.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I tried to run a Remus Responder, but one of the plugs shattered in my hands.

Spent an hour prying it off my gas pedal with a screwdriver all while trying not to damage anything.

Oryx R

Ready to race!
Thread revival

Anyone have experience with this??

They must sell that blue seal by itself, no?

Anyone know if I can get the blue seal by itself?

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Pretty sure almost all the tunes (including burger, but I'm sure he will update) don't recommend aftermarket DV's. Stock holds power past 500 hp. It's a really well made unit, that is part of the vehicles boost control, and modifying it or replacing it can cause a number of issues, as documented in many threads on this forum. Some will have no issues, but the general recommendation is to stock with stock DV's.

Even APR recommends the stock DV on their stage 3 R's and has fixed problems with those cars by putting the stock DV back on.

One of the fundamental problems with the Mk7, is so much of the car is great, that we shouldn't touch it...but the mod bug hits everyone anyway.

Last edited:

Oryx R

Ready to race!
Pretty sure almost all the tunes (including burger, but I'm sure he will update) don't recommend aftermarket DV's. Stock holds power past 500 hp. It's a really well made unit, that is part of the vehicles boost control, and modifying it or replacing it can cause a number of issues, as documented in many threads on this forum. Some will have no issues, but the general recommendation is to stock with stock DV's.

Even APR recommends the stock DV on their stage 3 R's and has fixed problems with those cars by putting the stock DV back on.

One of the fundamental problems with the Mk7, is so much of the car is great, that we shouldn't touch it...but the mod bug hits everyone anyway.

Are you responding to me or talking to yourself? Lol

For anyone that actually read my question and is curious...

I could not find anywhere to get that seal and the dealership offered to sell me the whole DV. Luckily the company that produces the OEM valves for VW (piersburg) sells them for $60. They just put a white sticker over the Audi part # and from what I've read you just take the sticker off and it is no different than the original.

I have one on order to fix the boost leak. When I boost it up to 25 it only holds for a second and drops to 15 or so. Feels like I'm down 2 cylinders though. Lol