GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Switched to an S3 (with pics)

I switched from a mk7 gti to a 2017 nano grey S3 6 months ago. Lovin' it so far. Just thought I'd share some pics.
  2. A

Questionable build quality

After two years and only 24,000km I'm moving on from the gti and into the 2017 S3. This car has been nothing but a joy to drive and in my opinion is still The benchmark in affordable, refined, livable performance. My Previous ride to this car was a stage 1 mk6 gti and in my opinion the mk7 is...
  3. A

FS: Gislaved Nordfrost5 Winter tires on OEM steel wheels

Size 205 55 R16. Amazing tires with tons of tread left. Selling because getting new car. Asking $380 for wheels and tires. PleAse see kijiji ad for pics, http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/london/gislaved-nordfrost5-winter-tires-205-55-r16-on-steel-wheels/1210689346?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  4. A

GTI to S3, need help deciding colors.

Hi all, I'm trading in my gti and order a 2017 S3. I'm having a hard time deciding between the Ara blue and Daytona grey exterior. Let me know your thoughts! thanks
  5. A

FS: Carbon Fibre mirror caps for MK7 golf/gti

I'm selling my car so I'm getting rid of these. I bought them off eBay for $120. I'm willing to let them go for $50 FIRM. There is are couple scuffs on them, nothing major, but you get what you pay for. PICK UP ONLY, NO TRADES. Located in London, Ontario.
  6. A

FS:MK7 GTI VWR Springs

FS:MK7 GTI VWR Springs with FREE carbon fibre mirror caps I am getting rid of my car and therefore I am selling my VWR springs which have been on the car since summer of 2015. I bought these from NGP racing and paid $550 CDN after US to CDN dollar conversion, shipping and duties but I am...
  7. A

From GTI to ________. Not sure, help!!

Hi everyone, My lease on my gti is ending and I'm looking to get into something totally different (NOT fwd, hatchback, vw) I will either lease or buy CPO. My budget is around 35k CDN + tax if i buy, or 50-55 CDN for a lease. So far here are some of my top picks. Please keep in mind these are...
  8. A

FS:VMR 810 18 x 8.5 Gunmetal Rims - $950 for set

SOLD! VMR 810 18 x 8.5 Gunmetal Rims - $950 for set SOLD! I am selling my car and therefore I am getting rid of my Gunmetal VMR 810 rims which I purchased 2 summers ago. These were only used during two summers. As per VMR Website: The all-new Flow-Formed V810 by VMR Wheels offers aggressive...
  9. A

MK7 GTI roof OEM base bars and thule bike carrier

Base Bars are SOLD, bike carrier still for sale! I'm selling my thule bike carrier (re-branded as a volvo one, bought from volvo dealership) The thule bike carrier is universal. In excellent condition. Asking $220. The car in this picture is mine to give you an idea what it looks like on the...
  10. A

Audi S5 or E92 BMW m3

I'm thinking about going a different route for my next car. I don't want another 4 banger with a turbo so i was thinking either a slightly used Audi S5 or a E92 bmw m3. Does anyone have any experience with either car? Which one feels better as a daily driver, has more grunt down low and is more...
  11. A

My illustration of the mk8 gti

Was bored so I decided to get creative
  12. A

just wanna introduce myself

I have a gti, love chillin on my red vinyl sofa while eating fried chicken and fries with my 3 asian bros.
  13. A

MK8 Gti confirmed to have 300hp

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1505-deep-dive-the-next-volkswagen-golf-gti-will-have-300-hp/ This will makes things a lot more interesting for me in a couple years..
  14. A

U.S light switch - fog lights and Dt lights ;)

Saw this on vortex. I tried it and it works:):) http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7172884-US-light-switch-Fog-and-DT-runners
  15. A

Spacer fitment

Hi guys based on my setup : vwr springs and Vmr 18 x 8.5 et 45 running on stock rubber what size spacers should I purchase for the back to be more flush, 4,5 or 6 mm. Also am I looking for a kit with conical seat bolts or ball seat bolts. Here is what my car looks like right now to give you an idea
  16. A

Rust build-up on wheels hubs

I have ALOT of rust built up on my wheel hubs. Its especially visible now that I have aftermarket wheels on (the 1st pic is not mine but shows where the rusting is occuring) So couple questions: 1. Is there a quick way to eliminate this rust other than having to paint over it ,like sanding it...
  17. A

Questions regarding offset and alignment

I just had my car lowered on VWR springs, 1.I plan on getting an alignment, but I'm also getting new wheels with a different offset and width, should I get alignment before or after i get wheels installed. 2. I'm currently running the stock 18x7.5 et 49 Austins on VWR springs. When I put on...
  18. A

Buzzing noise coming from dashboard while in S mode

I've noticed in that past few weeks that when I switch to S mode and press on the accelerator I get a buzzing sound from the centre top of the dashboard. Not sure if its something related to the soundkator or just the very cold weather we've been experiencing (-20 celcius) Has anyone else been...
  19. A

VWR Springs for sale in Ontario?

Is there a place locally where I could purchase VWR springs so I can bypass all the border bs?
  20. A

VW aftermarket Center Caps

Does anyone know where i could purchase 66.5mm vw center caps. I'm getting VMR wheels but I've been told the center caps which come on the car won't fit on the VMR wheel