GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions regarding offset and alignment

artystamk7

Ready to race!
I just had my car lowered on VWR springs,

1.I plan on getting an alignment, but I'm also getting new wheels with a different offset and width, should I get alignment before or after i get wheels installed.

2. I'm currently running the stock 18x7.5 et 49 Austins on VWR springs. When I put on the new wheels 18 x 8.5 et 45, how much more are the wheels going to stick out? I plan on getting spacers, but thinking I should wait and see if it looks flushed first.

nikhsub11

Banned

1.I plan on getting an alignment, but I'm also getting new wheels with a different offset and width, should I get alignment before or after i get wheels installed.

2. I'm currently running the stock 18x7.5 et 49 Austins on VWR springs. When I put on the new wheels 18 x 8.5 et 45, how much more are the wheels going to stick out? I plan on getting spacers, but thinking I should wait and see if it looks flushed first.

The wheels have nothing to do with the alignment, so go get one sooner than later there is no need to wait. You should wait on the spacers to see how you like the fit of the new wheels first... I am running 19x8.5 ET40 and they fill the fenders as far as I'd go... If anything I might (if I were you) do 5mm spacers on the rear and nothing up front since the rear fenders are a bit wider than the fronts.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
alignment after the drop/suspension, give it 50 miles.

the 18x8.5 et 45 will be ALMOST flush, id say first put the wheels on and see how you like it. you can add 3, 5mm spacers afterwards as preferred.

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
I would wait on spacers and see how you like it. Also, if the wheels are going on now might as well mount them before alignment. Doesn't really matter though. Let the new springs settle before the alignment though. Here's the factory specs if you need them.
[/URL][/IMG]

artystamk7

Ready to race!
I would wait on spacers and see how you like it. Also, if the wheels are going on now might as well mount them before alignment. Doesn't really matter though. Let the new springs settle before the alignment though. Here's the factory specs if you need them.
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks man! The wheels are going on next week so the car will have about 250km on it with the springs before alignment, I don't think that's a big deal as long as I don't leave it for months

DoMk7

Ready to race!
Got my alignment done today and comparing the before and after numbers it seams (to me at least) that I did not need it. I understand the before numbers aren't perfect but are they far enough out to cause issues?

huithomas

Ready to race!
your new wheel will be 13 mm out compare with the current one, that's pretty much flushed.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

And alignment is nothing related with the new wheels and offset, you can do it whenever you need to.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Got my alignment done today and comparing the before and after numbers it seams (to me at least) that I did not need it. I understand the before numbers aren't perfect but are they far enough out to cause issues?

Ummm yeah....your camber was pretty negative in the back and the toe specs were out of whack (which would've eaten up your tires)

It's dumb not to get it aligned after touching the suspension

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Does anyone what specs would be required for a 2016 Golf Sportwagen being lowered on Emmanuel springs?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Same as stock (which are more or less the same as virtually on any modern car).
Two points, as any time a car is lowered: Make sure they adjust both sides as
equal as possible, second, let they also adjust the rear back to stockish values
(about -1.5° = -1°30' of camber and some mild toe in on both front and rear).

Kinogod

Passed Driver's Ed
After lowering springs always get an alignment. Did the VWR springs with alignment and 18x8 neuspeed rse12's with 225 Michelin pilot cup sports. Ride cornering amazing improvement- now shows weakness of dampers. I will upgrade suspension before tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk