GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

WTB: Headlights

I haven’t done a ton of research but I’m darn sick of these halogens and I’m old and blind as it is. I was spoiled by having a loaner S8 for 3 weeks. I think it’s time to upgrade to brighter headlights. Show me what you have for sale that will fit and be plug in & play on my 2016 S trim level...
  2. F

Carplay - Sound Cuts Off Randomly

I'll preface this by saying I searched and I did not find this specific issue, or really even similar. This has happened now 4 times in 2 weeks. I am driving, listening to a podcast using an Apple lightning cable and mid podcast the sound shuts off. Carplay is still active, the app is still...
  3. F

Higher Mileage - Stuff to Look For

Well, I just got to thinking. I’ve got almost 91k miles on my 2016 gti so what issues/preventative items do I need to be looking at or should I address in the near future? Right now I’m only driving the car maybe once a month but that may change soon if I can sell my daily. So, hit me with some...
  4. F

AC Compressor DIY?

Has anyone replaced their own AC compressor? Is there a DIY anywhere, some serioud Googling didn't yield much so I''m assuming not. My mechanic quoted me $875 installed which is pretty hefty...
  5. F

Those With S&B Intakes Please Answer this Poll

There is a lot of debate out there about vehicle applications for the S&B intake. Information from the manufacturer is questionable as well. In an attempt to collect some data, put old wives tales to bed, and help potential buyers with their decision can you please answer the poll here and also...
  6. F

S&B Intake Take 2

sold
  7. F

FS: 10mm and 15mm Spacers with Bolts

Sold
  8. F

Classified Thread Issue

Can we institute a policy for folks to edit their original post after they’ve sold an item in the classifieds? I can’t tell you how often I click a thread or hover over the thread title to see the thread preview and there is no mention the item is sold. so, i click it and maybe consider buying...
  9. F

2 Michelin PS A/S 3+ 225/40/18

2 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 225/40/18 lightly used. Located in So Cal pickup only unless you can come up with a good way to ship them.
  10. F

Paint Stripper

I have some black BBS wheels I’m going to powder coat soon. What products have you used to strip the paint off your wheels? There seem to be so many products out there, just want to get some input from those who have done this before. Pros and cons?
  11. F

Alignment Specific Shop 805/818?

Does anyone have an alignment shop recommendation in the TO/Simi/Moorpark or West Valley area? I previously had my alignment done at a tire shop in Agoura and it wasn't the best. I want to get a thorough alignment performed if possible. Thanks.
  12. F

WTB: Stock Wheel Bolts

What’ve ya got for me?
  13. F

Things My Coworkers Say

Saw this thread on another off topic forum and thought it might be fun for here. Also, kind of nice to semi-vent about the dumb things heard in the workplace. I just asked a coworker to forward me 4 emails they received. They asked “How do I do that?” So, I explained that they could open a...
  14. F

FS: JB1 with Data Cable

Sold
  15. F

Hiccup/Hesitation on Hard-ish Acceleration

The last couple of days I've noticed that the car hiccups or hesitates while accelerating and changing gears around the 1800, 2800, etc... RPM mark. If I accelerate softly it doesn't really do it. I'm about 99% sure it is not a transmission issue. Since it has been raining I initially thought it...
  16. F

Tire Advice

I may be due for some tires in the near future. I’d like to get something that will last me a long time, while hopefully having a decent amount of performance. I have stock 18” wheels with the stock size tires what is it, 225/40/18? To give you an idea of my driving I’ve owned the car for...
  17. F

What do you guys know about out of jurisdiction police rules?

Long story short, I was behind a police vehicle in the #1 lane for approx 10 miles. The vehicle was city PD for a city about 30-40 miles north of where we were and in a different county. I was pacing behind him/them for several miles going at a good clip. They were maintaining approx 80-87mph...
  18. F

Oil on Spark Plug?

I changed my spark plugs out today (61k miles) and noticed some oil on one of them when I took it out. Is this an indicator of a bad valve cover gasket or something? Has anyone had experience with this or know what the fix/cost it? It's a bit outside my skill set on this one. Thanks.