GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those With S&B Intakes Please Answer this Poll

what transmission do you have with your S&B intake?

• Total voters

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
There is a lot of debate out there about vehicle applications for the S&B intake. Information from the manufacturer is questionable as well. In an attempt to collect some data, put old wives tales to bed, and help potential buyers with their decision can you please answer the poll here and also post a comment indicating the year and trim level of your car.

thanks!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
As came up in your FS thread, you may want to add battery size to the poll as well, since it also seems to be a factor. I have a group 48 battery, but really like the looks of this intake, so I'm hesitant.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
As came up in your FS thread, you may want to add battery size to the poll as well, since it also seems to be a factor. I have a group 48 battery, but really like the looks of this intake, so I'm hesitant.
If folks want to note battery size that is cool it they should note if it was upgraded or not. I’m mostly wanting to see the transmission situation currently, as that is what the manufacturer is using to qualify the application.
Additionally the manufacturer’s representative seems to be giving information that contradicts the way their application matrix reads.

Grey Ghost

Ready to race!
I have this intake on my DSG.
16 Autobahn
fitment is great and it has room in between battery cover and intake.

Aphex13

Passed Driver's Ed
'17 SE DSG here. The only part that rubs for me is the washer fluid cap. Oh, and it fits fine with the "Euro Lower Engine / Manifold Cover", or whatever the cool kids are calling it nowadays.