GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Fake exhaust tips trigger me when I see one side with carbon build up and the other shiny
I agree, I didn't really want to go down that route. I think realistically, hacking up the clubsport just to get 4 functional tips would be an absolute mission. Wouldn't be worth the cost. Splitting the tubing in-line would probably be the more economical compromise.
This depend on the exact location of the GTI tips, vs the dual opening on the diffuser.

Or offset duals like below. I doubt it would be a perfect fit...
Agreed, nothing premade would be a perfect fit. I mostly wanted to get a cheap Golf R suitcase for the tips, but to also take some measurements/build a template with the other diffuser for mockup purposes. I think either way there will be some fab involved.
The distance between the exhuast pipe and the end of diffuser is not more than 25cm. A 90 elbow is like 10cm distance and average exhaust tip length is around 15-18 cm.
Hope it helps.
This is a big help, thanks. I plan to at least get the parts and as mentioned above, do some templating myself first. Thanks for the response,

MattRabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
That's why I refuse to buy a GTI with a sunroof.
If I had a GTI, I would have gotten the S model. Unfortunately, the SE and up Golf has a sunroof whether you want it or not. It's the dumbest design I've seen in a Golf. I've had a mk1, a mk4, and this mk7 - all have had sunroofs. The mk7 is the only one that's leaked.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If I had a GTI, I would have gotten the S model. Unfortunately, the SE and up Golf has a sunroof whether you want it or not. It's the dumbest design I've seen in a Golf. I've had a mk1, a mk4, and this mk7 - all have had sunroofs. The mk7 is the only one that's leaked.
Mk1's cables were frail and broke easily. First date with my wife, sunroof departed from my mk1 GTI on the highway.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I really wish there was a permanent fix for it, say burning the entire car to the ground and collecting the insurance (I wouldn't do that, but geez).
When it starts to do this on a daily, it's a tough one to swallow.
I've been putting pennies away into a small fund to have everything replaced out of pocket if it gets that far. Kind of a sad reality..

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Are you testing with Alex or is it fully launched now? Getting antsy waiting for EQT.
Fully launched and working revisions after logs with Alex

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Did you just drill and tap the rad support for that pin location? Looks like those braces are mounted further forward than they are on the street car.

I ended up not using the TCR headlamp mountings and used the stock ones do to them screwing into the front and top nut-certs for more bracing since the TCR has specific metal brackets.

The TCR hood comes pre-drilled for the OMP pins and hit exactly where the stock stop buffers hit.

The pins are just double nutted but you have to grind out the back side of the front nut-cert and some of the lock carrier.

Easiest thing is to just cut the hole into the stock hood to use the factory latch which saves on paint.

7BB8B85F-7BE8-4715-87BB-D82DB6BC3144.jpeg
F6AE93BE-B633-40D5-892F-F45499139194.jpeg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I ended up not using the TCR headlamp mountings and used the stock ones do to them screwing into the front and top nut-certs for more bracing since the TCR has specific metal brackets.

The TCR hood comes pre-drilled for the OMP pins and hit exactly where the stock stop buffers hit.

The pins are just double nutted but you have to grind out the back side of the front nut-cert and some of the lock carrier.

Easiest thing is to just cut the hole into the stock hood to use the factory latch which saves on paint.

View attachment 302093View attachment 302094
Very clean, thanks for sharing. I don't see the need for latches with a stock hood but if I can source a quality lightweight one unlike the garbage on sale in the US I'll revisit them.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Rented a 9' cargo van to pick up all my OEM take offs which have been gathering dust at HPA. I may need to get a bigger storage locker. Or stop hoarding them and junk them.

Spoke to Marcel a bit about the car. Looking like I may be able to have it back in a few weeks.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Vland MK7.5 are in but I’m waiting on depin tool. Lights look to work without the ambers. Oh and I broke a spring clip. LOL

Last edited: