GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Returned it about as far back to stock as it is going to get.
2020-11-26 16.13.04.jpg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Got my JB1 to JB4 upgrade kit all sorted out and installed and I replaced the cabin air filter.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Adjusted the roof racks back so I could max out the box towards the rear of end car but still get them centered inside the boxes channels...

3F6CBB2C-B5E6-4B36-A38E-1BAE69502CFB.jpeg

0E3A5CDB-02A2-4A79-B38E-1E9592D28D99.jpeg
565F2234-F729-4F50-BACC-77F87705815D.jpeg

also started that “fun” process of sanding the high build primer coats on the side skirts.
35908304-72D6-457C-B6F7-0600208CEDBF.jpeg

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Installed the diesel dogbone insert from Powerflex. It got rid of the NVH that I was getting in reverse with the BFI stage 1 insert. Car feels solid during acceleration without any added NVH!

Installation protip: use LOTS of lube! 😁

20201127_153719.jpg

20201127_115604.jpg

20201127_115621.jpg

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I just discovered that, unless I’m totally tripping, the clamp holding part of my FMIC on to the charge pipe is just...gone? No sign of it anywhere. No idea how long it’s been like this. Car has been boosting fine. Ugh.
F3B022D9-185C-41D3-BC84-D4A99E620984.jpeg

Edit. I’m totally tripping. You can see it in the photo. My eyes are playing tricks on me. Just weird lighting.

Anyway, tonight has pretty much been a gigantic waste of time. I went to install the Audi jack kit and made literally no progress. The rubber plug wouldn’t fully seat inside its hole. I first put the plug and it’s backing plate in, then put some pressure on with the jack, but it wouldn’t fully sink in. I jacked some more and it lifted the whole car without it fully seating. So I though hmm okay I’ll lubricate it a little. Sprayed some on and tried again. Same issue. Lifting both the rear and front wheels of the ground without the rubber plug fully sealing. So then I go okay, I’ll put just the rubber plug in first, then jack the backing plate into it. When I went to do that, the rubber plug compressed fully against the hole, but STILL wouldn’t fully seat. I’m at a loss. Guess I’ll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I just discovered that, unless I’m totally tripping, the clamp holding part of my FMIC on to the charge pipe is just...gone? No sign of it anywhere. No idea how long it’s been like this. Car has been boosting fine. Ugh. View attachment 194188

Edit. I’m totally tripping. You can see it in the photo. My eyes are playing tricks on me. Just weird lighting.

Anyway, tonight has pretty much been a gigantic waste of time. I went to install the Audi jack kit and made literally no progress. The rubber plug wouldn’t fully seat inside its hole. I first put the plug and it’s backing plate in, then put some pressure on with the jack, but it wouldn’t fully sink in. I jacked some more and it lifted the whole car without it fully seating. So I though hmm okay I’ll lubricate it a little. Sprayed some on and tried again. Same issue. Lifting both the rear and front wheels of the ground without the rubber plug fully sealing. So then I go okay, I’ll put just the rubber plug in first, then jack the backing plate into it. When I went to do that, the rubber plug compressed fully against the hole, but STILL wouldn’t fully seat. I’m at a loss. Guess I’ll try again tomorrow.
Let us know..I just got my kit and see how hard of a rubber it is.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I attempted this install myself on my car... gave up. I held on to them until my first oil change and asked the dealer to "pop them in" while they were under there. Service advisor did say it took as long as the oil change. Maybe warm them up first, and be careful, haha.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Adjusted the roof racks back so I could max out the box towards the rear of end car but still get them centered inside the boxes channels...

View attachment 194172
View attachment 194171View attachment 194173
also started that “fun” process of sanding the high build primer coats on the side skirts.
View attachment 194174

What are you carrying in that / using it for?

I had a huge one on my Toyota pickup about 20 years ago. I carried all my gear for sometimes months long roadtrips - skiing, climbing, cycling. It made an already weak and underpowered vehicle downright anemic. You won't have that problem though.

You should start a recreational cannabis delivery business and use the car heavily in your advertising. I'd buy some just to see that thing Rock up to my house.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What are you carrying in that / using it for?

I had a huge one on my Toyota pickup about 20 years ago. I carried all my gear for sometimes months long roadtrips - skiing, climbing, cycling. It made an already weak and underpowered vehicle downright anemic. You won't have that problem though.

You should start a recreational cannabis delivery business and use the car heavily in your advertising. I'd buy some just to see that thing Rock up to my house.
groceries, lol.

Honestly - basically anything, since I have the all the stuff in the hatch with the meth/stereo/air ride - and now adding in that rear brace even laying the seats does little (could Easily unbolt, but rather not) I have zero space to fit anything in the car, especially considering 40% of the time there are 3 kids in the back, so any state to state travel we do I now won’t have room for bags and such.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
groceries, lol.

Honestly - basically anything, since I have the all the stuff in the hatch with the meth/stereo/air ride - and now adding in that rear brace even laying the seats does little (could Easily unbolt, but rather not) I have zero space to fit anything in the car, especially considering 40% of the time there are 3 kids in the back, so any state to state travel we do I now won’t have room for bags and such.

OH right. I forgot your back hatch area is full of money. 🤑