GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

kessy system only honks on second touch?

ofektal12

Ready to race!
From what i know when you lock the car once it just locks the doors but when you press the lock button twice it activates the alarm system

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
Did anyone ever figure out yet why one touch locks the doors and a second touch honks the horn?
My wife asked me tonight and after searching the manual I came here looking to give her an answer...

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Did anyone ever figure out yet why one touch locks the doors and a second touch honks the horn?
My wife asked me tonight and after searching the manual I came here looking to give her an answer...
It's probably some change VW made during the 2017 model year. My 8/2016 build date MY2017 GTI honks on the first touch/lock.

Someone else above (or maybe in a different thread) with a later MY2017 build date has the honk-on-2nd-touch. I actually wonder if it's related to VW's changing the registry of the car, which made it a bit more difficult for late 2017 owners to find the appropriate channels in VAGCOM/VCDS/OBDeleven.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
If it doesn't do anything different physically, my guess is it honks for verification for OCD people who don't trust that their car locked without auditory feedback. It's ingrained in our behavior since they first introduced remote locks to listen for the beep.

On my 98 Camry, the first press of the lock/unlock buttons only locks/unlocks the driver door. The next presses lock/unlock all doors. Same with using the key manually in the slot by the handle. Have to rotate it twice to get it to lock all doors.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

My '17 GTI with build date 08/16 was honking at the first touch when I got it. I changed the coding in Central Electrics (9): (11)-Acknowledgement signals-Quittierton bei zweitem ZV-ZU-Befehl from "not active" to "active". Now it honks only with the second touch.

In the admap of a NAR MK7.5 I saw it's set to "active" there from factory.
IDE02269-ENG133345-Acknowledgement signals-Quittierton bei zweitem ZV-ZU-Befehl - active. European cars are set to "not active".

I guess VW changed it from not active to active some time in 2017. It's an easy change if you don't like it.

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
On a side note while I was searching on this subject it appears that the alarm can be turned on in coding. Can anyone confirm it is "pre-installed" but is not active for MK7.5 in NA vehicles when purchased?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
On a side note while I was searching on this subject it appears that the alarm can be turned on in coding. Can anyone confirm it is "pre-installed" but is not active for MK7.5 in NA vehicles when purchased?

Yes, it is built-in but not active in most NAR cars. But there are no motion/glass/tilt sensors, or siren. It only detects if a body panel is forced open (or opened from inside when the alarm is active) and sounds the horn and flashes the turn signals.

The coding is in my signature (click on OBD mods). It's table-formatted. Left-most column is the name of mod (look for "Enable alarm system").

FWIW-- there is a separate thread on Vortex that outlines the addition of an OEM siren underneath the cowl trim.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I've coded mine to open all doors on first unlock. Once in a while it will beep at me when I unlock by hand, not sure what that's about.

@DUTCH! Old post, but I've made several threads about this and this around the internet but this is the first time I've seen anyone report they had it too.

Did you ever figure it out? I'm so confused by it.

For me, it seemed to start along with intermittent Key Not Found (usually through all of the cooler wetter months here in the SF Bay Area) 3-4 months after I got the car, and not immediately, but also not long after I took the door cards off to install SoundSkins and did my Helix Sub install.

You do anything similar?

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, it is built-in but not active in most NAR cars. But there are no motion/glass/tilt sensors, or siren. It only detects if a body panel is forced open (or opened from inside when the alarm is active) and sounds the horn and flashes the turn signals.

The coding is in my signature (click on OBD mods). It's table-formatted. Left-most column is the name of mod (look for "Enable alarm system").

FWIW-- there is a separate thread on Vortex that outlines the addition of an OEM siren underneath the cowl trim.

Cheers for info and tip ;)

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Does following the disable car net things you have in there throw a code? Did you go through physically disconnecting and jumping the box/cable as I've seen on an old thread someplace?

That's a really interesting thread over there on vortex. I read that from start to finish. It seemed from that thread that modifying the coding did not disable car-net, but as far as I know, no one specifically referenced the same adaptations that I changed. No one was able to make the green light next to the car-net button in the ceiling switch off without physically disabling the module. My light is now off and stays off. Pressing the buttons does not activate anything. And, no codes are thrown. I did not physically disable the module.

So, is Car-Net really disabled by my simple coding mod? Who knows for sure... it may well not be. But it seems to be based on the green light being off and the buttons not doing anything.

There is one more adaptation that I've been trying to do, but I can't find it! The two below are on my backup file for the Gateway module (19)

223 Telematics Communication Unit:
224 coded

990 Telematics Communication Unit:
991 enabled

I can find the first one, and change it to "not coded" but I'm a little scared to :eek:. I don't know if switching to "uncoded" erases all current coding, or if it's something that's reversible with just another click. I've already had a few scares going places with OBDeleven where I should have no business going... (I thought I had triggered component protection on my dash last night... thought I was going to have to go to the dealer with my tail between my legs for them to remove it... ended up resolving itself 10 minutes later [wipes sweat off brow]).

The second one, I just can't find... I've gone through every adaptation menu in the module using OBDeleven and keep missing it... note the line number in my database (I always keep a sort key column so when I filter and sort my databases by various criteria I can always revert to the stock output order)... it's near the end of the file so it is likely buried inside of one of the last adaptation menu items... it would be very interesting to see what disabling the entire module through coding does... does it cause codes to be thrown, for example. I don't believe this adaptation was ever mentioned in the "Killing Car-Net" thread.

If anyone can find this adaptation, please let me know where it lives!

Last edited:

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
My GTI honks only on the second touch which is nice. You hear the lock sound and have the lights on the first and the honk on the second.