GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by goonie284

1. G

Rear hatch water leak!

Driving to work a couple days ago and I heard a sloshing noise in the rear of the Golf when turning sharply.... uh oh. I opened the rear hatch to investigate expecting there to be water in the tire well but as I lifted the rear hatch I heard the water slosh in the hatch and begin to cascade...
  2. G

Haldex fluid change with applesauce gunk

I saw a handful pop up in google images when I searched MK7 haldex fluid change.Buildup of that contamination on the pump screen seems to be a common cause of pump failure.
  3. G

Haldex fluid change with applesauce gunk

So the Haldex service is due every 30k or 3 years from my understanding. The 2015 I just bought only had 14k miles but was past the 3 year mark so I drained the Haldex fluid and was surprised by the amount of gunk behind the pump inside the pump housing. The contamination looked grainy and...
  4. G

Tire rack has Winterforce 2 tires 50% off

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting these, but ended up getting a set of wheels and tires off facebook marketplace. Only downside is they are 2017 production but it's a hell of a deal if you want to retire your current winter 17's and get a new set on. They might have some deals on other...
  5. G

within 2 hours of taking ownership..... dreaded hood latch cable popped off

Well darn, it would be fun to hoon around on ice but I'm not driving 7 hours to run around in a circle. Oh bummer, that must sting a bit getting a new car and having issues right away. I read some stories about guys finding their rear diff empty, possibly filled with the incorrect fluid which...
  6. G

Cool, I think avoiding politics applies to most the people I know if I want to keep the conversation civilized. That sounds like a hell of a deal, so you ended up with a 2019 Golf R? I was looking at a sub 10K mile 2019 stick shift Golf R a couple hours north but it sold before I could make it...
  7. G

Guilty as charged, Roy was pretty chill, we chatted about car stuff for a couple hours almost when I met him to look at it until my wife got sick of listening to us and said it was time to go 😄.Yeah, him storing in the garage was a huuuuge bonus for me. I come from New York originally and then...
  8. G

From my understanding, the cable union under the hood is able to pop free because that outer cover pops open and allows the cable ball to slide out of the black clip it’s supposed to sit in. If we secure the outer cover with a zip tie it holds the cable ball in the black clip and doesn’t allow...
  9. G

yeah man, bright green on the latch under the hood and bright green on the latch under the dash so I don't forget!!
  10. G

So my wife has owned a couple BMW 135i's, the hood release level under the dash is really stiff and requires some muscle. I've gotten used to it after working on her cars over the years. After taking ownership of a low mile 2015 Golf R today, stupid me went to open the hood and apparently...
  11. G

2016 Low Mileage MINT White Golf R DSG - Off Market

I don't know how I missed this.... PM sent
  12. G

6 speed DSG fluid replacement technique

thanks for the input guys, seems straightforward enough. I agree, filling through the bottom seemed the preferred method.
  13. G

6 speed DSG fluid replacement technique

Hey guys! I had a question about the DSG fluid replacement procedure technique, perhaps someone who has performed it can comment. I see the procedure is to basically: overfill the transmission from the drain port, quickly swap the drain port fill plug with the OEM drain plug, and try not to...