GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by breadbooze

1. B

main bearing cap lateral bolts

awesome, got most of those, except the main bearings. don't think I've come across anyone running King or ACL main bearings. are they worth the 3-5 week wait?
  2. B

thanks bud that would be helpful. I think I've managed to get everything that's a "mandatory replace" per the service manual. but the balance shafts? 🤔🤔 damage p0rn for viewing pleasure.
  3. B

does anyone have the part number for the 6 bolts that go laterally through the middle 3 main bearing caps? I cant seem to find it on VW's parts lookup and don't have time to visit a parts counter any time soon. thanks
  4. B

WTS: Cobb AP Golf R - SOLD!

yes, but only if the next car has the same ECU generation as yours. a 2019 tune does not work on 2018's and below.
  5. B

Dyno mode

I unplug the haldex on a 2wd dyno.
  6. B

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Thanks all, I'll assume "race" or "dynamic" modes are the 7.5 Golf R versions of sport mode. Sounds like I found what I'm looking for.
  7. B

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

how do "burbles in sport mode" work for those with a MT?
  8. B

EDIT: Found, thx all

I have one in NJ, can bring it to you in NYC.
  9. B

Wtb intercooler for fwd sportwagen

I have an OE 7.5 Golf R IC if you're interested.
  10. B

Golf R Mk7 Help

sounds like a DMF going south.
  11. B

Driver Assistance Sensors

thr ACC sensor behind the emblem is near impossible to dislodge without a direct hit to the front grille. it does self-calibrate as you drive and it is possible your car's alignment was thrown off by bumps. it will go away on its own in 100 miles or so but if not a trip to the dealer will be...
  12. B

euro switch

thanks, I mention the mk7.5 R as we don't have fogs at all, and retrofitting them would require sacrificing the air ducts to the engine bay, as well as running a fog light wiring harness to the BCM. what I'm looking to do is to be able to manually turn on the cornering lights in the headlamp...
  13. B

MK7 R Manual Clutch DIY Tips and Thoughts

a couple of tips from my experience changing out clutches on VAG cars- -a screw driver wedged into the brake rotor against the caliper is a great counterhold to loosen inner and outer axle bolts. throw a piece of wood between the driver and caliper if you're concerned about damaging the...
  14. B

euro switch

for the mk7.5 R folk- has anyone coded/wired the euro light switch with both front/rear fogs (5G0941431BDWZU) to enable the front fog setting to turn on the cornering lights? this is what the "fog" switch on the B9 Audi does.