GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

euro switch

breadbooze

Car(s)
'18 R, '17 allroad
for the mk7.5 R folk-

has anyone coded/wired the euro light switch with both front/rear fogs (5G0941431BDWZU) to enable the front fog setting to turn on the cornering lights? this is what the "fog" switch on the B9 Audi does.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If the R lighting is similar to the GTI...the R will be missing the trigger wire on the light switch harness to the BCM. I have a Sport model without the front for lights. It took a few days...but I found that the non fog light GTIs don't have the trigger wire for the fog lamps.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Fogs as cornering lights is a coding change and doesn't require the switch to be in any specific position if I recall. If you don't have front or rear fog already, you'll need a trigger wire from the back of the switch to the BCM. I imagine it would be the same as the basic MK7 - Pin 5 on the LDS to Pin A 29 on the BCM. If you already have front fogs, I would just think you'd need the coding.
  • Cornering Lights Speed Threshold adjustment

Adjust speed range in which cornering lights are activated.
    Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
    Security Access → Code: 31347
    Adaptation → Channel: Static cornering light lower speed threshold
    New value: 0
    Adaptation → Channel: Static cornering light upper speed threshold
    New value: 50
  • Cornering Lights via Fog Lights activation

Front fog lights will be used as cornering lights.
    Security Access → Code: 31347
    Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B12 auswählen
    New value: Abbiegelicht links
    Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B13 auswählen
    New value: Abbiegelicht rechts
http://ilovecarmods.com/volkswagen/golf/mk7-5g

breadbooze

Car(s)
'18 R, '17 allroad
thanks, I mention the mk7.5 R as we don't have fogs at all, and retrofitting them would require sacrificing the air ducts to the engine bay, as well as running a fog light wiring harness to the BCM. what I'm looking to do is to be able to manually turn on the cornering lights in the headlamp assembly to be used as fog lights via the LDS. I figure I would need to run a wire from the LDS p5 to BCM A29 for the rear fog, wasn't sure if that's the same wiring to get front fogs working.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
thanks, I mention the mk7.5 R as we don't have fogs at all, and retrofitting them would require sacrificing the air ducts to the engine bay, as well as running a fog light wiring harness to the BCM. what I'm looking to do is to be able to manually turn on the cornering lights in the headlamp assembly to be used as fog lights via the LDS. I figure I would need to run a wire from the LDS p5 to BCM A29 for the rear fog, wasn't sure if that's the same wiring to get front fogs working.
Ahh, my mistake and ignorance on that one. I retrofitted Fogs on my GSW so was just attempting to share some knowledge I came across. Yeah, Switch 5 to BCM A29 is the fog light trigger wire connection used for both front and rear as rear is generally a second pull click on the LDS with the first being front fogs.

Not much help on the coding side, assumed you had meant to use your fog lights as cornering lights.