GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Today I was working on my 2017 GTI mk7.5, some days ago I noticed my water pump started leaking very slighty so I just wanted to check how much it was still leaking, so I lifted the car up with the jack and I didn't put jack stands as it was meant to be a quick job. When I finished checking for the leak I noticed an exhaust v-band clamp which I wanted to align in a better position as weeks ago I installed a 200 cells downpipe.
So i figured... let's go eat now, I will deal with it later... so I got myself out from underneath the car, I lower the car back down, and i ear this cracking sound and after a second or two i ear some fluid splashing on the floor, at this point i'm like: ok wtf just happend?!
Then i look under the car and sure enough I was dumb enough to leave the damn torch light underneath so it blew a huge hole in my beautifully engineered plastic oil pan by VW!

I bet you can't beat me and my stupidity ;)
I've done this with a flashlight on the Golf, but thankfully it didn't hit the pan. Worst I've done is jacked on slightly the wrong spot on a BMW and broke a coolant line off.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I've done this with a flashlight on the Golf, but thankfully it didn't hit the pan. Worst I've done is jacked on slightly the wrong spot on a BMW and broke a coolant line off.
Is there a RIGHT place to jack off on a BMW 🤣

ManFlxSrsRwy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI 2017
Good quality torch 😜
I swear to god the torch was totally fine it didn't even bent or anything despite also being soaked in engine oil.

There you go that's my torch if you all was wondering, just make sure to not leave it under your oil pan as apparently it is so beefy that it will destroy anything in its reach.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312-202219_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230312-202219_Gallery.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 44

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
After 3,5 years I finally adjusted my OSRAM headlights to have the red stripe leveled w/ the grill.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Confession:

I assume everyone who does this is a virgin.

that's rude to virgins, hell I'd say inbred but that's even offensive to inbreds.

I don't understand how it's 2023 and cars don't come with mounting solutions that don't involve excessive holes in the bumper.

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Ok at 9 months into ownership its time for confessions

0. I read this entire thread. Never getting involved in a HOA.

1. I didn't initially want a VW and if I could have found the gr86 spec I wanted, I'd be lurking at a different forum.

2. I only got a GTI because I found the precise spec/color/body/trans combo I liked. According to my GTI bro I have a unicorn, probably never gonna find a replacement if it dies.

3. I bought it off carvana and overpaid (at least I didn't finance through them lol).

4. I bought winter wheels and tires with a suspicion I'd jinx myself; we've had record low snowfall in Boston this season as a result.

5. My wheels have vibrations at highways speeds. After determining I needed deeper hub centric rings and installing 1 driverside front, I decided fckit and left the other 3 to stay till I take em off in spring. I need a garage to work in.

6. My austins have pilot sport a/s 3+ installed, which already should be adequate for typical conditions here.

7. I really just wanted bronze wheels lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Confession:

I assume everyone who does this is a virgin.

View attachment 275496

Top five biggest pet peeves…if it has the holes, just use the holes 😒

View attachment 275497

Agreed.

Not about the virgin part, but about the holes. Empty holes, the faux euro plates, the plugs, or any other solution look far worse than just leaving the plate in the middle. Either have them professionally filled and bumper resprayed, or leave the plate in the middle.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
3. I bought it off carvana and overpaid (at least I didn't finance through them lol).

I always go with dealer financing, and just refinance the moment I can. Usually after making maybe 1 - 2 payments. I've never used outside financing with Carvana, but the one time I tried to use outside financing with a dealership, they made it such a hassle.

I just bought an R from Carvana last week, and the loan terms I agreed to would be enough to make anyone vomit.

But I'll make maybe 1 payment, pay down a few K towards principal, and call around to my local credit unions next month.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Drove to work this morning with the pops n bangs off, it was really weird lol. IDK why but when I start the car, if I dont cycle the modes and go past normal again at least once, and then stop on "sport," my pops and bangs dont work. I was lazy this morning and didnt press the button, so it was all quiet on the way to work.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Drove to work this morning with the pops n bangs off, it was really weird lol. IDK why but when I start the car, if I dont cycle the modes and go past normal again at least once, and then stop on "sport," my pops and bangs dont work. I was lazy this morning and didnt press the button, so it was all quiet on the way to work.
Normal. After you restart the car you're not in the "true" drivetrain setting until you re-enable it