GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine swap

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
Keep Trollin Trollin Trollin Trollin WHAT?

Another for my ignore list.
I definitely wasn't trolling, I'm used to swap kits for LS engines into mustangs or miatas etc... I'm used to v8 power so I thought a car with a massive fan base like the golf would have some swap kits out but apparently I was wrong. Guess this platform isn't as popular as I thought

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I definitely wasn't trolling, I'm used to swap kits for LS engines into mustangs or miatas etc... I'm used to v8 power so I thought a car with a massive fan base like the golf would have some swap kits out but apparently I was wrong. Guess this platform isn't as popular as I thought
Smh... Bro, this platform is very popular around the globe. I keep telling you, you have to leave that V8 mindset back with your V8. This is a completely different platform, all together, and a completely different way of modding; same with any boosted 4 cylinder. You're going to get your big power from building the block and slapping on a BIG full frame turbo! That's it man. To swap in a different engine just isn't worth it which is why there's barely anybody doing it.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You are aware this is a transverse layout platform right?

It's also relatively new. And these cars come stock with direct injection. Why does that matter? For a turnkey swap you need an ECU that knows how to communicate with the chassis. The ECUs that can do that (syvecs s7plus) are DI capable and there's no competition, so they're about 4x the price of a Holley Terminator. Sure, you could write some firmware for an ecumaster or whatever but no one's doing that for the 20 year-old with a donut media education who thinks engine development ended with the LS1 30 years ago.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I really wasn’t seeing diggs pov for just ignoring till I saw mc Chris -2 feel that a solid end statement was

“guess this platform isn’t as popular as I though” 😂😂…. That’s some modern day ls1tech.com boy energy if I’ve ever seen it.

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
I really wasn’t seeing diggs pov for just ignoring till I saw mc Chris -2 feel that a solid end statement was

“guess this platform isn’t as popular as I though” 😂😂…. That’s some modern day ls1tech.com boy energy if I’ve ever seen it.
If they only knew

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
You are aware this is a transverse layout platform right?

It's also relatively new. And these cars come stock with direct injection. Why does that matter? For a turnkey swap you need an ECU that knows how to communicate with the chassis. The ECUs that can do that (syvecs s7plus) are DI capable and there's no competition, so they're about 4x the price of a Holley Terminator. Sure, you could write some firmware for an ecumaster or whatever but no one's doing that for the 20 year-old with a donut media education who thinks engine development ended with the LS1 30 years ago.
No, I didn't realize fwd was transverse layout just like I didn't realize they made newer engines after the LS1. I also didn't realize my degree came from a doughnut store and I'm in my 20s again. I'm sure glad you're here to fill me in on it though.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
No, I didn't realize fwd was transverse layout just like I didn't realize they made newer engines after the LS1. I also didn't realize my degree came from a doughnut store and I'm in my 20s again. I'm sure glad you're here to fill me in on it though.
Dude if you just searched before posting you’d come to the same conclusion that this thread had gotten to. You can make lots of power on this platform, with the existing configuration/ parts, for relatively low cost.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
As a member of the bad decisions club, let the guy LS swap it jeez.
I used to fantasize about ls swapping my wife’s Allroad, but then I searched and saw how ridiculous that would be. I’ll pay someone to put bigger power (3.0 TFSI) into it when I win the lotto, or I’ll do the smarter thing which is to just but an RS6 Avant.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Instead of a swap just install an LS in the hatch and have it power the rear wheels. 12 cylinders and AWD. Look tf out, Drew