GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Today the car went for a carbon cleaning. I had to Uber back home - the dude certainly had very bad BO and most likely COVID.

What kind? Full walnut blast?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What kind? Full walnut blast?
Yessir. Full walnut blast. $500 CAD, cash. That's the damage. I'm looking to get everything buttoned down in the next month or so before I put all my parts in. I found a Dyno for $120/hr close to my house. I want to talk to EQT next and see if we can to a couple of remote pulls just to make sure I'm not having any issues, before I go on the dyno and get the tune wrapped up. Need to order a set of coils today.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Got the car back. The difference is actually astounding. 0 vibrations at idle, this includes all my gripes about the Powerflex insert. Much smoother drive. No gargling at idle. I did not think that the difference would be this drastic. It feels like a new car.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got the car back. The difference is actually astounding. 0 vibrations at idle, this includes all my gripes about the Powerflex insert. Much smoother drive. No gargling at idle. I did not think that the difference would be this drastic. It feels like a new car.

1645566654175.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Same feeling I got when I had mine done at 125k.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I wonder how much of that build up is actually oil that leaks from the valve seal...

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
View attachment 240273

Don't have an after shot. Tech put the shit back on and didn't snap one. I know what everyone will say. But I've been taking my cars to this shop well over a decade and they have been flawless every time. That and the way the car feels now leaves me with no doubts.
That's chunky. Get some MPI in there and never think about it again ;)