GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You are a master of your craft, Sir!

Thanks!

Cock tease 🙄

It’s not cost effective for me to offer it as a axle back. That’s a ton of time/money/material cost in a very tight and tedious package (both mufflers & the Y pipe need cut down to fit the width of a Mk7). It might not look like it, but the piece pictured took about 8 hours to build.

4E50C30D-2376-437A-9E1A-A71D12E37609.jpeg

For me to offer it as a axle back I’d need to:

-Remove my CBE and swap lower DP on my daily driver

-cut a spare OEM CBE, and install it on my daily

-mock up, build and then build a production weld fixture for a connector to adapt the axle back to the cut OEM system

-put my parts back onto my daily.

After all that I’d need to work that expense into the part, as well as shipping so just to break even we’d be at $1,200+ for a axleback…at that point anyone willing to pay that would just buy the full CBE starting at $1,950 (for the Aggressive CBE).

I realize you’re probably just joking, but I’ve gotta be realistic and careful with my time spent on development.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I realize you’re probably just joking, but I’ve gotta be realistic and careful with my time spent on development.
I understand. Personally I like the horizontal dual muffler look, and only Neuspeed, Akrapovic and Rev9/Beluga have it as a full kit.
Would be cool to have a axel back option (instead of just the CSS/TCR).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I understand. Personally I like the horizontal dual muffler look, and only Neuspeed, Akrapovic and Rev9/Beluga have it as a full kit.
Would be cool to have a axel back option (instead of just the CSS/TCR).

It definitely looks cool.

Remus has a axle back as well, but it’s a single muffler.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Triggered half the forum with one post.

:High five:

The paint on the konis is so thick, it's almost impossible to get them to seat properly without doing some sketchy shit.

Forgot about that one. I'll add it to the list...

The two three biggest divides in the MK7 community.

Wiper deletes, pops & bang tunes, and the 2x4 method.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It’s winter
4E4CA24A-8D2C-455C-A566-6FBF6FC791F4.jpeg

Hair is growing
497E906E-C149-49BA-91A7-20F4DC3674D4.jpeg

801C1AD9-1C2F-4107-A593-C0DB6F6A880C.jpeg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Nope.

I can see fine. My car is clean, widows coated , and drove in the rain last Tuesday.

Aslo- when did I say it never rained? And when did I say it wasn’t dirty in Vegas?
Did you do anything to remove the etching on the glass the factory wiper grommet may have made? I tried a simple cleaner wax but it didn’t repair it.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Triggered half the forum with one post.

:High five:

The paint on the konis is so thick, it's almost impossible to get them to seat properly without doing some sketchy shit.
Pro tip: If you lube the spindle and bottom of the strut with some grease, it'll slide right in. It's why the driver's side of my Mazda took ~1.5 hours to change, and the passengers' side took 20 minutes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Pro tip: If you lube the spindle and bottom of the strut with some grease, it'll slide right in. It's why the driver's side of my Mazda took ~1.5 hours to change, and the passengers' side took 20 minutes.

1640179204360.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I sanded down the paint to make it thinner, lubed shock and spindle, and still had to do sketchy shit to get them to seat.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I sanded down the paint to make it thinner, lubed shock and spindle, and still had to do sketchy shit to get them to seat.
You didn't try jamming a 2x4 in there? You'd be surprised how many uses a 2x4 has on a GTI.

Side note: why does every GTI try and race every other GTI always? I'll just be driving down the road in the left lane going 75 and casually pass a GTI in the right lane who's going 65, and they immediately SLAM their foot down to try and keep me from passing and/or race me.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
You didn't try jamming a 2x4 in there? You'd be surprised how many uses a 2x4 has on a GTI.

Side note: why does every GTI try and race every other GTI always? I'll just be driving down the road in the left lane going 75 and casually pass a GTI in the right lane who's going 65, and they immediately SLAM their foot down to try and keep me from passing and/or race me.
1640184696991.gif

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I think the issue was I needed one or two more 2 x 4s. You can never have enough wood when doing your suspension.

I wave, from my motorcycle, Subaru and Jeep days. VW owners don't wave back. Fuck you guys. 🤣🤣🤣