GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I think the issue was I needed one or two more 2 x 4s. You can never have enough wood when doing your suspension.

I wave, from my motorcycle, Subaru and Jeep days. VW owners don't wave back. Fuck you guys. 🤣🤣🤣
Only other obviously modded GTI's will wave back, but I agree I don't get the same waves as when I'm on the bike or in a Jeep.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Only other obviously modded GTI's will wave back, but I agree I don't get the same waves as when I'm on the bike or in a Jeep.

I've yet to have a single wave back in this area since 2018. 😪

And there I am waving like Forest Gump.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I hope it wasn't in Australia.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I wave all the time, and it's rarely reciprocated. VW owners are cocks... ;)

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I do get at least one middle finger daily though. Funny thing is, it's usually from someone who's in the left lane in front of me going too slow. They move over to let me pass, and give me the finger as I'm passing them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I got a wave from a Golf wagon the day I bought my GTI, driving it from Ohio back home to central PA. I'm pretty sure he could feel the excitement emanating from me before he ever saw me, and that wave made my whole day. I wave at other VWs, rarely get a wave back. Occasionally I'll make spooly noises at them too.

OTOH, I love to sing the song of my people when getting on the highway and someone tries to immediately jump over to the left to pass.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
I do get at least one middle finger daily though. Funny thing is, it's usually from someone who's in the left lane in front of me going too slow. They move over to let me pass, and give me the finger as I'm passing them.
I wanted to put across the back of my car a KEEP RIGHT PASS LEFT sign on the back of my car but wife talked me out of it. And why do left lane drivers get so mad when you pass them on the right when all the had to do is move over in the empty right Lane that has probably been that way for their whole trip. Rant over. Ahhh

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I wanted to put across the back of my car a KEEP RIGHT PASS LEFT sign on the back of my car but wife talked me out of it. And why do left lane drivers get so mad when you pass them on the right when all the had to do is move over in the empty right Lane that has probably been that way for their whole trip. Rant over. Ahhh
Second most infuriating thing, people who don't get over when there's a considerable amount of space. Almost as bad as people who jump lanes constantly/in and out of exit/entrance ramps to try to get ahead. We get it, you're late because of poor planning, don't endanger everyone else because of it.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I wanted to put across the back of my car a KEEP RIGHT PASS LEFT sign on the back of my car but wife talked me out of it. And why do left lane drivers get so mad when you pass them on the right when all the had to do is move over in the empty right Lane that has probably been that way for their whole trip. Rant over. Ahh.

I know someone who has that backwards on the top of their windshield, so it can be read correctly through a rear view mirror. Perfect for tailgating.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think the issue was I needed one or two more 2 x 4s. You can never have enough wood when doing your suspension.

I wave, from my motorcycle, Subaru and Jeep days. VW owners don't wave back. Fuck you guys. 🤣🤣🤣
Just start flipping them off if you want a reaction. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just start flipping them off if you want a reaction. 😂

I was going to try mooning them, but your suggestion might be safer. I'll just get shot at and not in a wreck.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was going to try mooning them, but your suggestion might be safer. I'll just get shot at and not in a wreck.

True story. Back when I was a teenager, a friend and I were driving around in his van one night, which was registered to his father. I was mooning people out the passengers window, and someone called the cops. Cops called his dad, his dad called him, and dragged us both down to the local station for a stern talking to. Someone clearly took offence to being able to see my "buttocks and genitalia". It took everything I had to not laugh through the entire ordeal. They said I was lucky they wouldn't contact my parents. When I went home and told my dad, he just laughed too.