GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
After a year+ of running a Vortex Std on the stock DI I caved with the Boost sale going on and PR Black Friday deals and picked up a Euro Manifold+5bar TMAP+ 3 new tunes from EQT and 925cc kit and lines from PR. I'm doing a 91 pump tune, E40 daily/moderate tune, and fairly aggressive E85 tune.
I have all the fueling requirements already installed...HPFP/Pagparts 535 LPFP/PM4
Roughly speaking, any ideas as to how much whp difference I will see between the E40 tune and E85 tune?
The variable with that question is really gonna be built around how you’re saying moderate e40 tune vs aggressive e85. I’ve seen A good handful of cars hit Max boost timing on E49 tune when getting after it hard.

Yes in a nut shell - you gain not having to mix your fuels at the pump, but you also visit the pumps quite a bit more often.

Last edited:

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
i bit! Purchased the EQT 5-bar sensor and custom tune 91 + E40 tune for vortex XL. Received the sensor today now just waiting on the initial base tune.

Old Setup:

EQT 91 Tune - 28-29 PSI Vortex XL, HPFP, Modded stock intake, CTS DP, Intercooler, 3in. Exhaust

New Setup:

EQT 91/E40 Tune - 30+PSI Vortex XL, EQT 5-Bar MAP/Bosch 4-Bar PUT Sensor, MST Intake, HPFP, A2B LPFP with controller, CTS DP, Intercooler, 3in. Exhaust

How much power increase am I looking at with new setup?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
i bit! Purchased the EQT 5-bar sensor and custom tune 91 + E40 tune for vortex XL. Received the sensor today now just waiting on the initial base tune.

Old Setup:

EQT 91 Tune - 28-29 PSI Vortex XL, HPFP, Modded stock intake, CTS DP, Intercooler, 3in. Exhaust

New Setup:

EQT 91/E40 Tune - 30+PSI Vortex XL, EQT 5-Bar MAP/Bosch 4-Bar PUT Sensor, MST Intake, HPFP, A2B LPFP with controller, CTS DP, Intercooler, 3in. Exhaust

1_ZYpBSAe0dC4_ha-3GhcO9Q.jpeg

1 Million hp!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Old Setup:

New Setup:

My guess would be in the +40 HP range. What are you now?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Not on a Vortex turbo but basically all the same supporting hardware and EQT tuning, the difference between my 91 and E30-35 tune on the same dyno is ~60hp.

If you're going from a sensor limited ~29psi 91 octane tune to a 30+ PSI tune and an E blend I would bet you're looking at about the same gains and more. Both of my tunes peak at around 32-33psi, but the fuel difference is major. You're gonna have a good time.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Unfortunately some of us can only get 91 and is why I use Torco octane booster.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the feedback guys! Since I am adding new parts and this is also my daily, I am pretty much forced to retune ACN-91 regardless. But I understand the ethanol blend is where the bulk of the power increase is going to come from. I haven't dyno'd yet, but I created a graph using virtual dyno and a log after final tuning, and after correction and came out to 449whp.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the feedback guys! Since I am adding new parts and this is also my daily, I am pretty much forced to retune ACN-91 regardless. But I understand the ethanol blend is where the bulk of the power increase is going to come from. I haven't dyno'd yet, but I created a graph using virtual dyno and a log after final tuning, and after correction and came out to 449whp.
I haven't made a 91 map for my last two turbos... :D

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that e40 tune on vortex vs your current 91 tune you’ll be quite a bit higher than 40-50hp I bet.

Hell my current 91 street tune back my neutered e50 tune is night and day and I’m not even off stock sensors yet.
I noticed you are in Vegas, you are plagued by the same crappy ACN-91 that CA gets, which is worse than standard 91. Some Subaru's have blown engines when using ACN-91 gas on standard 91 tunes, why is our gas so bad lol.