GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Brakes! Will be installing these over the weekend along with GTI powerpack rears on my wagon. I have the normal street pads they come with for now, but considering DS2500’s or maybe RSL19’s if the boss allows me to sign up for a track day in December for my birthday..

View attachment 229712
Gorgeous. Tigeo has the same kit and they are amazing in person.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Brakes! Will be installing these over the weekend along with GTI powerpack rears on my wagon. I have the normal street pads they come with for now, but considering DS2500’s or maybe RSL19’s if the boss allows me to sign up for a track day in December for my birthday..

This is already an expensive month for me, why would you do this? Those are gorgeous. Someday I'll get around to picking up a set of R brakes, I have no complaints about the overall performance of my PP GTI brakes, but I really want to ditch the red (but I'm a little gunshy about painting them myself).

Care to give some more in-depth details on that setup, for those of us who are just the slightest bit braindead? Totally asking for a friend ;)

Sidebrowns

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a set of monster mats from a fellow forum member today. Glad to get these on hand before the crappy winter weather starts. Last year was nerve wracking constantly vacuuming my carpeted mats. Plus I’m kinda of nerd I dig having stuff that says GTI in my car.
Man I just leave the monster mats (mash?) in year round. Full of fuckin' dirt but that's one area where I just don't care to clean so I let it be.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

View attachment 229712
Those rotors are sexy af !!

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
This is already an expensive month for me, why would you do this? Those are gorgeous. Someday I'll get around to picking up a set of R brakes, I have no complaints about the overall performance of my PP GTI brakes, but I really want to ditch the red (but I'm a little gunshy about painting them myself).

Care to give some more in-depth details on that setup, for those of us who are just the slightest bit braindead? Totally asking for a friend ;)
Not a whole lot I can say about the setup as I've only managed installing one corner on my lunch break. The kit I got is meant for cars that came with 312mm front brakes, so will match better with the master cylinder of the Sportwagen. Only hiccup so far is that the APR brake lines don't fit into the hard mount on the body to meet the hardline, official recommendation from APR if that is the case is to use cable ties to hold it to the hard mount.

Originally I'd only planned on doing a bigger brake kit up front, but had been looking for some GTI Powerpack front brakes for my wife's sportwagen, and found a set of front and rear calipers dirt cheap local to me, so I figured I'd go ahead and do the rears on mine as well as the front APR kit.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
A couple “nut bars” from DG this will make adjusting the current kit I have much easier.

Super quick shipping too, I ordered these Sunday night and they showed up earlier today

Attachments

• 371A9AE3-EF36-4056-B6FF-33115DDFD032.jpeg
    371A9AE3-EF36-4056-B6FF-33115DDFD032.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 60

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
A couple “nut bars” from DG this will make adjusting the current kit I have much easier.

Super quick shipping too, I ordered these Sunday night and they showed up earlier today
He’s on point with shipping for sure. I received my order within 2 days.

Been waiting 2 months tomorrow for a BFI shift knob I ordered. Lesson Learned: don’t order parts close to SEMA

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Been waiting 2 months tomorrow for a BFI shift knob I ordered. Lesson Learned: don’t order parts close to SEMA
Seems pretty run of the mill for BFI shipping times. I waited like 4 weeks for my mounts.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I like the Weathertech much more. Put a hole in 3 driver's Monster Mats. The Weathertech shows no signs of wear
I put a hole in the Weathertech All-Weather Floor Mats set that I had for my Mazdaspeed3 more quickly than the OEM all-weather set. The Weathertech Floor Liner set showed no signs of wear, but I also didn't have it for as long before I got rid of the car.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
New cf steering after waiting 2 months for it to come in.

Attachments

• 20211108_194844.jpg
    20211108_194844.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 91