GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm OK with loud, just hate drone.

Back in the day, I did a Perrin catted DP with Borla hush on a WRX, thinking it wouldn't drone. It was the oddest combo. Tons of drone at low rpms, almost as quiet as stock at high rpms.

Replaced the muffler with a Prodrive muffler and it was money. No drone and louder at high RPMs.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I found a used AWE track near me, for $650CAD, I also have the UNI DP... I don't mind a loud exhaust, I'm used to it actually, you're making me want to pull the trigger.
Sorry... I'll shut up. Unless you want the sexiest sounding exhaust/dp setup ever for GTI ! :devilish: My buddies that have GTI's, one is Xforce exhaust with CTSdp, another is a Milltek setup, another is Borla, and the last one is a custom piping w/vibrant resonator-map catless dp. We all agree my car sounds the best. I had the luxury of hearing all of their cars before I made my choice.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm OK with loud, just hate drone.

Back in the day, I did a Perrin catted DP with Borla hush on a WRX, thinking it wouldn't drone. It was the oddest combo. Tons of drone at low rpms, almost as quiet as stock at high rpms.

Replaced the muffler with a Prodrive muffler and it was money. No drone and louder at high RPMs.
On my Mk6R I had an HPA downpipe with a 100 cel cat and a remus cat back. That thing sounded like fucking fire. A little bit of drone - but just pure sex coming out of a pipe otherwise.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
On my Mk6R I had an HPA downpipe with a 100 cel cat and a remus cat back. That thing sounded like fucking fire. A little bit of drone - but just pure sex coming out of a pipe otherwise.
IMG-20171027-WA0000.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
That is almost exactly what my GTI sounds like.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I maintain it is the best Golf ever made.

I've never driven a mk6, but both my mk7.5's have been solid, other than the weird oil/vvt issue with the 19.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
IMO, it's impossible to get a great sound out of the Mk7s. Every combination is either too raspy or too boomy.
My APR dp/Vibrant/Magnaflow catback is a bit too boomy at low RPMS, but not crazy loud. Sounds throaty and crisp, but not raspy when opened up.
The throaty systems don't boom, but sound like rasp city when opened up. Every set-up is a compromise in sound quality.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The build quality of that R was stupid. It never made a creek or rattle, ever. Felt like you were in a tank.
True - build quality on the MK5/MK6 PQ35 cars was noticeably better than MK7. Way less rattles, most solid construction ever. They drove like tanks. My gf's 2014 JSW TDI feels and drives like an SUV.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP