GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Not sure, I just searched the part number on eBay and at the time at least there were plenty of them, paid somewhere under $200 shipped.

I only looked at listings that showed the car from which it was removed, and picked a car that was totaled by rear impact. Of course I have no way to verify the one they sent me actually came from that car, but there's not really anything else you can do for "reassurance" against a damaged one unless you go pull it yourself and I was/am not interested in that, haha.
Any other cars besides A3 you can get these off of?

Follow @AutoHaas on Instagram. They’re a VW/Audi scrapper w/ lifetime warranty on all parts. They wouldn’t ship you a subframe that’s was damaged, and if they did they’d shop you another for free.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
"scraped something".....yeah that's one helluva scrape right there

I know exactly where it would have happened too. The place my daughter goes after school has a hell of a speed bump getting into their parking lot. If you don't take it just right, it'll hit it like crazy.

And go figure, the day I'm getting everything buttoned up, it's pouring rain and I don't have dry roads to get any good pulls in for logging 😭

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I know exactly where it would have happened too. The place my daughter goes after school has a hell of a speed bump getting into their parking lot. If you don't take it just right, it'll hit it like crazy.

And go figure, the day I'm getting everything buttoned up, it's pouring rain and I don't have dry roads to get any good pulls in for logging 😭
Same thing happened to me but I didn’t need to do logs just wanted to go have fun. Was like a kid on Christmas morning the next day 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well, Vortex has about 60 miles on it (first start up was at 60,938 on the odo), and everything seemed to go fine with the install. No noticable leaks from anything, no weird sounds, and monitoring everything looks to be good.

Got some logs over to Sneeky, and we'll see where it goes from here!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Well, Vortex has about 60 miles on it (first start up was at 60,938 on the odo), and everything seemed to go fine with the install. No noticable leaks from anything, no weird sounds, and monitoring everything looks to be good.

Got some logs over to Sneeky, and we'll see where it goes from here!
Thought it was wet out 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Busy weekend with the GTI. Got the IE FDS Intercooler installed with the Unitronic Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit. Also converted the AWE Tuning Touring exhaust to the track version cause I wanted the exhaust to get louder. Little did I know that the drone side effect was going to be insane when paired with the Trackslag DP o_O.
20211022_143835.jpg
And at last the VW Start/Stop feature got the "Off" fix after installing a bypass harness

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
Installed VWR springs + Koni Yellows. The Konis are set to 1 turn from soft in the front and 1/2 turn away from soft in the rear. Drives great, but I still have a bit of body roll that I want to tackle. I'm not sure if it's due to the springs being too soft, or if I just need a larger OD RSB.

Also, my ride height went from 14.75" to 13.5" in the front, and from 14.5" to 13.25" in the rear measured from center of hub to fender. I guess the car had a .25" reverse rake on stock suspension (mine is at 9,900 miles). May have to get the TT pads to fix this.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Busy weekend with the GTI. Got the IE FDS Intercooler installed with the Unitronic Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit. Also converted the AWE Tuning Touring exhaust to the track version cause I wanted the exhaust to get louder. Little did I know that the drone side effect was going to be insane when paired with the Trackslag DP o_O.View attachment 228884 And at last the VW Start/Stop feature got the "Off" fix after installing a bypass harness
Yes! I love my AWE track, but mine is paired with Uni catted dp and it doesnt drone at all.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Yes! I love my AWE track, but mine is paired with Uni catted dp and it doesnt drone at all.
I really love the sound. The resonator on the AWE Touring quiet the exhaust sound too much. The TS DP I have is catted but the exh drone like crazy from 1800-2100 rpm.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I really love the sound. The resonator on the AWE Touring quiet the exhaust sound too much. The TS DP I have is catted but the exh drone like crazy from 1800-2100 rpm.
So weird, wish you could hear mine. Does SA mean your in San Antonio? Im curious why yours is different.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So weird, wish you could hear mine. Does SA mean your in San Antonio? Im curious why yours is different.
I found a used AWE track near me, for $650CAD, I also have the UNI DP... I don't mind a loud exhaust, I'm used to it actually, you're making me want to pull the trigger.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Yes, I'm in San Antonio. The DP I have has the cat at the end of it versus all other conventional DP's that have them right after the turbo. Don't know if this is a possible reason.