GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Coolant leaks in the mk7 are feature. If you don't have leaking coolant, it means the car doesn't have any. Thanks VW.

I'll keep an eye on it. If it has to be done, I'll probably buy the parts and pay to have it done, that way I can just get a carbon cleaning done at the same time.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'll keep an eye on it. If it has to be done, I'll probably buy the parts and pay to have it done, that way I can just get a carbon cleaning done at the same time.
is you battery disconnected under that cover/ cause it should be ;)

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Tried and failed at wrapping my taillights with smoke vinyl. Even with a heat gun I couldn’t get it formed to the shape and angles well enough. I might have gotten there if I had another $25 of product to waste on practicing. Womp womp. What’s a little money in the trash? 😭
Guy I work with just had the same fight with the tails on his GSW. Those creases look tough.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
20211023_154003.jpg

I don't know if the hard part is done, or the hard part is still to come...

A second set of hands would definitely help. My install partner ended up in quarantine, so doing this solely by myself.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
20211023_184151.jpg

Ok. Going in is MUCH easier than coming out. No spare bolts, so think it's all back together properly. Just have to put the downpipe on, intake on, and fill the coolant, which I'll do Monday. All in all, maybe 6 hours or so invested so far? Not bad for a first time turbo swap without a second pair of hands.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
View attachment 228728

Ok. Going in is MUCH easier than coming out. No spare bolts, so think it's all back together properly. Just have to put the downpipe on, intake on, and fill the coolant, which I'll do Monday. All in all, maybe 6 hours or so invested so far? Not bad for a first time turbo swap without a second pair of hands.
Any interest in doing the CR190 in my TDI, haha.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Changed my oil and installed the Powerflex hybrid puck. That was kind of a pain in the ass. NVH so far feels similar to my BFI insert before it broke in, but so far so good.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I switched to the COBB DSG tune from the EQT tune just to compare it.

Surprisingly I like the COBB tune better! It feels like it downshifts when I want it to compared to the EQT where I had to apply slightly more throttle than I wanted to.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I switched to the COBB DSG tune from the EQT tune just to compare it.

Surprisingly I like the COBB tune better! It feels like it downshifts when I want it to compared to the EQT where I had to apply slightly more throttle than I wanted to.

Reported

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nice... I took mine to a self car wash to clean it up, got some crazy looks, haha.

Any other cars besides A3 you can get these off of?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Any other cars besides A3 you can get these off of?
Not sure, I just searched the part number on eBay and at the time at least there were plenty of them, paid somewhere under $200 shipped.

I only looked at listings that showed the car from which it was removed, and picked a car that was totaled by rear impact. Of course I have no way to verify the one they sent me actually came from that car, but there's not really anything else you can do for "reassurance" against a damaged one unless you go pull it yourself and I was/am not interested in that, haha.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
View attachment 228661

View attachment 228662

The "man, what the fuck..." news is I'm pretty sure my water pump\thermostat is leaking. It was changed 35K miles ago or so before I got the car, but looks like it might need to be done again.

I don't think it's leaking at an alarming rate, my coolant really hasn't been going down. But going to clean it up and keep an eye on it.

I might go back in tonight and get the heat shield off, we'll see. If not, I'll jump right in tomorrow.

"scraped something".....yeah that's one helluva scrape right there