GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah. $1,400 for a full professional wrap job is actually pretty damn cheap. And who knows. Maybe I'll get 3 years out of it? The only downside is I park outside. But like I mentioned, it's out of the direct sun for most of the day, and I take impeccable care of it. So we'll see what it looks like.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah. $1,400 for a full professional wrap job is actually pretty damn cheap. And who knows. Maybe I'll get 3 years out of it? The only downside is I park outside. But like I mentioned, it's out of the direct sun for most of the day, and I take impeccable care of it. So we'll see what it looks like.
We've done some wraps on our trucks and then we've had customers get their boats wrapped. The trucks are stuck in the FL sun all day and I've seen our older wraps start to dry up and crack. It becomes a real PITA to remove. An employee bought one of our old trucks with a wrap and it took him like 1-2 weeks of scraping off vinyl every night. The whole truck is covered in scratches now. On the other hand I saw a boat wrap get removed after 3 years and it came off pretty easy with not much clean up afterwards, and the condition of the hull underneath the wrap still looked as good as it did the day he bought it. We also don't take care of our trucks as well as someone would take care of their boat.

If you see it start to crack I'd remove it as soon as you can because it'll become a bitch to remove. How quickly that happens all depends on the quality of the vinyl and how often it sits in direct sun, some stuff is only rated for a few years and some is rated for up to 8-10 years.

cb1111

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Putting my car away for the winter next month. I've driven it less than 2500 miles since last August (stored from November-April) so I really should be selling it but if I do I don't trust my wife to ever agree to another "fun" car since we just had our first kid. Between the 650 a month payment and 100 a bucks to insure, its a lot of money for something that sits, but I'm selfish.
Gti’s fit 2 car seats just fine. I promise

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Next confession...

I decided to give Sneeky's custom tune a chance, since it seems like I can probably get that entire tune done before even getting started with EQT...

Still getting tuned with EQT as well, but figure when everything is said and done, I'll be able to provide insight and comparison for both with the same hardware setup. That'll be able to give a unique perspective I don't think I've seen before.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This guys got issues 👆🏽👆🏽

big-daddy-hell-yes.gif

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Many years ago I had a 87 16v that had shaved door handles and viper blue paint. Man, I miss that car.
Oh I bet that looked nice. You have any pics?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Next confession...

I decided to give Sneeky's custom tune a chance, since it seems like I can probably get that entire tune done before even getting started with EQT...

Still getting tuned with EQT as well, but figure when everything is said and done, I'll be able to provide insight and comparison for both with the same hardware setup. That'll be able to give a unique perspective I don't think I've seen before.
I’d be interested in your opinions. I recently switched from the COBB DSG tune, then to Stratified, and then to EQT. I was pleasantly surprised by the COBB Sport tune and preferred it over the Stratified. The EQT is hands down the best out of the bunch. Drive mode is finally useful and pleasant for driving around town (light years better than stock), it shifts a lot quicker, cut down on my vibrations in reverse, that little delay when going R to D is gone, and “S” is no longer sport mode, it’s fun AF mode. Now that I think about it, if I was to start over, my first mod would be a DSG tune and I would go from there and probably finish with an ECU tune after I had all of the support of stuff in place, but a DSG tune makes such a big difference it could definitely be up there as a first mod.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Next confession...

And I thought I had a problem with instant gratification 🤣🤣🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’d be interested in your opinions. I recently switched from the COBB DSG tune, then to Stratified, and then to EQT. I was pleasantly surprised by the COBB Sport tune and preferred it over the Stratified. The EQT is hands down the best out of the bunch. Drive mode is finally useful and pleasant for driving around town (light years better than stock), it shifts a lot quicker, cut down on my vibrations in reverse, that little delay when going R to D is gone, and “S” is no longer sport mode, it’s fun AF mode. Now that I think about it, if I was to start over, my first mod would be a DSG tune and I would go from there and probably finish with an ECU tune after I had all of the support of stuff in place, but a DSG tune makes such a big difference it could definitely be up there as a first mod.

I've done OTS tunes from most of the big players who tune with the Accesport (Cobb, MAP, Stratified, & EQT), and EQT was definitely the best. Haven't tried Sneeky's OTS tunes, and then custom tuning is a whole different bag.

And yeah, I'll do a write up when everything's said and done. My initial expectation is to have a quicker and smoother experience with Sneeky, but overall better tune result with EQT.

@El_bigote_AJ showed me some of his communications with Sneeky, and he has no problem going into detail and thoroughly explaining what's going on. And hell, I sent him a general question last night, and got a response in 4 minutes.

As far as the tune results, it's not that I don't think he can do a good job tuning it. If I thought that, I wouldn't be paying him $500 and risking my car for him to tune it. But the Vortex is EQT's hardware, and they've tuned hundreds of them, so it'd make sense they're the best at it.

I'd love to be proven wrong on any front though. We'll see.