GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've done OTS tunes from most of the big players who tune with the Accesport (Cobb, MAP, Stratified, & EQT), and EQT was definitely the best. Haven't tried Sneeky's OTS tunes, and then custom tuning is a whole different bag.

And yeah, I'll do a write up when everything's said and done. My initial expectation is to have a quicker and smoother experience with Sneeky, but overall better tune result with EQT.

@El_bigote_AJ showed me some of his communications with Sneeky, and he has no problem going into detail and thoroughly explaining what's going on. And hell, I sent him a general question last night, and got a response in 4 minutes.

As far as the tune results, it's not that I don't think he can do a good job tuning it. If I thought that, I wouldn't be paying him $500 and risking my car for him to tune it. But the Vortex is EQT's hardware, and they've tuned hundreds of them, so it'd make sense they're the best at it.

I'd love to be proven wrong on any front though. We'll see.
In for results for science!

OldnSlow

Car(s)
2015 GTI S 2-Door
Confession:
I haven't cleaned the inside of the car that my kids are amazing at trashing, because it'll be winter soon and it's just going to get fucked up again. And I said that last fall too, and this spring, and this summer...

I had a DV+, still run Uni even though I know I should have gotten an AP, and have no real plans to get an actual IC.

Seeing all this in writing makes me feel unclean.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Getting Rotiform KB1 vibes from those...

1634821409962.png

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Next confession...

I decided to give Sneeky's custom tune a chance, since it seems like I can probably get that entire tune done before even getting started with EQT...

Still getting tuned with EQT as well, but figure when everything is said and done, I'll be able to provide insight and comparison for both with the same hardware setup. That'll be able to give a unique perspective I don't think I've seen before.

I fully and wholeheartedly support this experiment.

This guys got issues 👆🏽👆🏽

And we all benefit from his lack of patience.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I've done OTS tunes from most of the big players who tune with the Accesport (Cobb, MAP, Stratified, & EQT), and EQT was definitely the best. Haven't tried Sneeky's OTS tunes, and then custom tuning is a whole different bag.

And yeah, I'll do a write up when everything's said and done. My initial expectation is to have a quicker and smoother experience with Sneeky, but overall better tune result with EQT.

@El_bigote_AJ showed me some of his communications with Sneeky, and he has no problem going into detail and thoroughly explaining what's going on. And hell, I sent him a general question last night, and got a response in 4 minutes.

As far as the tune results, it's not that I don't think he can do a good job tuning it. If I thought that, I wouldn't be paying him $500 and risking my car for him to tune it. But the Vortex is EQT's hardware, and they've tuned hundreds of them, so it'd make sense they're the best at it.

I'd love to be proven wrong on any front though. We'll see.
I don't know why, but my take is that you will like the Sneeky tune better.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
After 60k miles the trim around the shifter fucked up my finger. I know it was recalled in Canada, but it hasn't been extended to the US yet, correct?
The dealer changed mine when I had it in for an oil change.

FYI the finish doesn't exactly match the rest of the satin metal finishes - like on the cubby door hatch, steering wheel, etc. The new part is slightly more matte than satin, colour is a little darker. I noticed it once, but not since.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
The GTI being my first german car, I've pulled up to the gas pump on the driver's side more than once...

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I have three cars: Left, right, and back.

Almost the same with me, lol. Left, right, right but with gas tank under seat so much caution needed regarding accidental overfilling.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
file under rare small design flaw: The little indicator on the fuel gauge that points to the tank fill side is obscured by the needle when the tank gets low.

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I didn’t know the secret compartment under the drivers seat existed until someone here mentioned it. Just remembered that and just now confirmed it’s existence. Owned the car for more than a year and just figured this out. I feel cheated.

Yeah, that arrow that points to the side of the car where the fuel door is? I didn’t know what the hell that meant until my wife pointed it out to me a year or so ago. Have only been driving for 23 years. Cool.

B3D995B2-F58E-4CE9-8861-B1D1BBD56069.png