GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs ‘21 Ford Exploder Platinum

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I genuinely enjoy my car, but it gets really fucked when some old man (in his 90s) pulls on you in his 2012-2015 Beige V6 Camry from a stop light.

Like that's just sad, or when some d-bag in a Grand Cherokee is neck to neck when you're on Map 2 after 60.

But that being said, it's just time for bigger mods.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yeah exactly. AWD is king. By the time you get a chance to catch up, is it even still a race? lol. The only time I'd ever punch my car against another car is after we're already rolling. Never attempt it from a dig. Well, not unless you got drag racing tires on, but I imagine 99.9% of this board is not rocking those when they go out grocery shopping...
I’ve attempted quite a few cars on a dig and got em. There are some I know better but a freakin SUV?!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I’ve attempted quite a few cars on a dig and got em. There are some I know better but a freakin SUV?!
See the SQ7 thread. Stupid heavy thing is ripping 12.0s 1/4's stock, and let's not even discuss what they can do tuned, plus ten seconds with some dental floss removing the badge and nearly no one would see it coming.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
HP/LP pump for big turb yeah? What about the intake manifold? MPI?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
HP/LP pump for big turb yeah? What about the intake manifold? MPI?
If you truly want to go BT, then completely build your block, get yourself at least a 525 lpfp or better and MPI with a euro intake manifold. You don't need a hpfp upgrade but if you go with a full frame big turbo and plan on taking your car north of 600 whp then you should look into upgrading your intake manifold.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
If you truly want to go BT, then completely build your block, get yourself at least a 525 lpfp or better and MPI with a euro intake manifold. You don't need a hpfp upgrade but if you go with a full frame big turbo and plan on taking your car north of 600 whp then you should look into upgrading your intake manifold.
I need a PM4 to mod any further. I have my 535 maxed out.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I have to go single dad who makes less than 6 figures and rents a house BT. Pumps required?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Basically the mods in my sig and you don’t really need the sensors and the pm4. You could also just do the HPFP and stay on pump with a standard housing Vortex or similar.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
More than enough to get me in trouble 😂

Disclaimer - I am not saying 400whp is the ideal amount of horsepower. More is ALWAYS better.
Agreed. Will say mid 400 is very fun on pump but then again tires are a hot commidity.