GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Replaced manual transmission fluid at 60k miles. First time was at 30k.
Shifts like butter and looking at the condition of the oil, I probably won’t do it again until 120k miles.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
In June, about 342 people a day were dying of Covid in the USA.
You need the rest of the data if you want that information to be valuable. I'm sure if you dig in it will be something like 90% of the deaths were people over 70 or with multiple comorbidities.

Without checking, I'm sure there were at least 50 gun crimes over the weekend in Chicago alone. Means nothing to my reality, useless data.

I wasn't actually trying to turn this into a covid mask vs gun drawer debate though, just having a laugh.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You forgot to mention how many lives per day are preserved by a good guy with a gun.

I’ve personally used my firearm in a potentially life threatening situation involving a LEO who was out numbered and in a physical confrontation & the end result was the good guys got to go home and nobody was killed or even went to the hospital.

I won’t try to talk you out of wearing a mask, I could care less if you do or don’t. But I can save you a bunch of time & effort by simply saying I’ll continue to carry my firearms regardless of anything anyone says.

Just reading the link, which mentions suicide in the title, is all the explanation you need. The spin of painting mental health issues as gun issues is the same as blaming spoons for obesity.

Also, comparing a average to a peak or above average is a tactic someone with a valid point wouldn’t make. I don’t have to be disingenuous to explain why a properly trained and mentally fit person should be allowed to carry a firearm.

Lumping legal gun ownership with violence in general is also not a fair point. It’s statistically extremely rare for a person who legally owns & carries a firearm to commit a violent crime.
What's a LEO?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You forgot to mention how many lives per day are preserved by a good guy with a gun.

I’ve personally used my firearm in a potentially life threatening situation involving a LEO who was out numbered and in a physical confrontation & the end result was the good guys got to go home and nobody was killed or even went to the hospital.

I won’t try to talk you out of wearing a mask, I could care less if you do or don’t. But I can save you a bunch of time & effort by simply saying I’ll continue to carry my firearms regardless of anything anyone says.

Just reading the link, which mentions suicide in the title, is all the explanation you need. The spin of painting mental health issues as gun issues is the same as blaming spoons for obesity.

Also, comparing a average to a peak or above average is a tactic someone with a valid point wouldn’t make. I don’t have to be disingenuous to explain why a properly trained and mentally fit person should be allowed to carry a firearm.

Lumping legal gun ownership with violence in general is also not a fair point. It’s statistically extremely rare for a person who legally owns & carries a firearm to commit a violent crime.

I think you greatly overestimate the impact of "good guys with a gun".

The NRA is a gun manufacturer lobbiest today. They are no longer a gun education and training organization. They have a vested interest in making sure as many guns get sold as possible, legal or otherwise.

That's why they've blocked requirements for courts to report to background check system. They've blocked efforts to upgrade the system. They've sued to get default approvals legalized. They sued to prevent the ATF from requiring manufacturers and retailers ship guns the same way we require narcotics to be shipped.

I could go on for days.

When enough Americans get sick of the violence, and pressure politicians, the 2nd Amendment will be revised or removed, and you'll only have yourself to thank.

And for reference, I'm a 24 year veteran of two wars, a gun owner, and support gun ownership. I just see it as insane that gun access, storage and use is far more regulated for military members than it is for the rampant morons running the streets.

But like I said, when you actually do lose your rights, it'll be 100% your own fault for fighting basic steps to reduce the number of guns in criminals hands.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You need the rest of the data if you want that information to be valuable. I'm sure if you dig in it will be something like 90% of the deaths were people over 70 or with multiple comorbidities.

Without checking, I'm sure there were at least 50 gun crimes over the weekend in Chicago alone. Means nothing to my reality, useless data.

I wasn't actually trying to turn this into a covid mask vs gun drawer debate though, just having a laugh.

Nope. I see the numbers daily from my hospital/ county. It's 40 to 65 making up the lions share now.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Your hospitals are providing death counts?

We have a daily dashboard. Breaks down ages of cases, deaths and vaccine status.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
We have a daily dashboard. Breaks down ages of cases, deaths and vaccine status.
Interesting, we do too, but none of the death data is provided. Anyway Diggs is right, this gun violence / covid shit needs to go to the containment thread.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I think you greatly overestimate the impact of "good guys with a gun".

The NRA is a gun manufacturer lobbiest today. They are no longer a gun education and training organization. They have a vested interest in making sure as many guns get sold as possible, legal or otherwise.

That's why they've blocked requirements for courts to report to background check system. They've blocked efforts to upgrade the system. They've sued to get default approvals legalized. They sued to prevent the ATF from requiring manufacturers and retailers ship guns the same way we require narcotics to be shipped.

I could go on for days.

When enough Americans get sick of the violence, and pressure politicians, the 2nd Amendment will be revised or removed, and you'll only have yourself to thank.

And for reference, I'm a 24 year veteran of two wars, a gun owner, and support gun ownership. I just see it as insane that gun access, storage and use is far more regulated for military members than it is for the rampant morons running the streets.

But like I said, when you actually do lose your rights, it'll be 100% your own fault for fighting basic steps to reduce the number of guns in criminals hands.

I don’t wanna get this thread off track, so I’ll wrap with up with reminding you I never once quoted or referenced the NRA in any way.

Reactions: the

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don’t wanna get this thread off track, so I’ll wrap with up with reminding you I never once quoted or referenced the NRA in any way.

They are the source for the good guy with a gun narrative and statistics floating around.

I'd be glad to continue discussing in the other thread.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
when you actually do lose your rights, it'll be 100% your own fault for fighting basic steps to reduce the number of guns in criminals hands.
not all gun owners and those that support ownership are NRA lovers......I'm like you .....veteran, war veteran, gun owner and I totally support gun ownership, but this comment is odd....looks like it's flavored with "giving up individual rights so big gov can give you "so called protection"? Am I misreading that? I think I am....