GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Newb question. With my EQT tune the car does not shift at red line (it's an option) . When I red line it and it cuts power, what is exactly happening? Is it damaging to the engine or is the ECU is cutting power to prevent any damage at that point?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Fuel cuts off.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
also the behavior I’m describing is consistent on my parents’ 2017 Passat SE as well as my previous 2015 GTI SE. so either they did something different for 2018 model year golfs or y’all have it twisted
Maybe mine is messed up. All I know is if I touch the hash mark once the door locks and if I touch it again right away it unlocks. I just found that out accidentally.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No concern though right? I've accidentally done it 3-4 times since I've had the car (loud music plus looking away for a split second, plus underestimating how quick I can go through second gear had me do it)
Nope no concern. It's cutting the fuel to prevent over revving the engine. You should tell EQT.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Should it not be doing that? Sorry, not understanding why I should tell them.
You should tell them that because you shouldn't be hitting redline and getting the fuel cut. It should shift before that happens. Not that you race anyone but if you do what's happening is not desirable and would cost you in a close race.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
You should tell them that because you shouldn't be hitting redline and getting the fuel cut. It should shift before that happens. Not that you race anyone but if you do what's happening is not desirable and would cost you in a close race.
Gotcha. I picked the option for it to not autoshift up though, so it's working as intended.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
The engine doesn't explode when you hit red line.