GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

750bhp Stock Motor R.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Relevance?
Poking fun at all the "record" holders these days. I get stock block 60-130 / quarter mile records. It is super vain when people start diving into qualifying their time as a record because "FBO/hybrid turbo/stock fuel system/stock block". It just gets ridiculous.

Spend your money how you want, but don't start throwing around that you are a "record" holder. Dude probably owns one record. Most blown up stock EA888 2.0 liter motors in an MQB chassis. That is about it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
"But it's a dry heat!"

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Poking fun at all the "record" holders these days. I get stock block 60-130 / quarter mile records. It is super vain when people start diving into qualifying their time as a record because "FBO/hybrid turbo/stock fuel system/stock block". It just gets ridiculous.

Spend your money how you want, but don't start throwing around that you are a "record" holder. Dude probably owns one record. Most blown up stock EA888 2.0 liter motors in an MQB chassis. That is about it.
That shit is annoying. They'll slap on stock "whatever" and try to claim a new record.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The way the boost comes on probably mimics the way a centrifugal super charger builds and applies boost. 1:1 with the power band.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
"Stock"....I'm certain there was a forum member on here who was posting loads of Draggy stuff from his claimed "stock" GSW.....sounds like a similar type of thinking...

& BTW that car is so highly modified from the base MK7 Golf R its not true...& fitting the revised MK7.5 EA288, a bigger turbo, custom ECU, flex fuelling, & menthol injection (to keep internal engine temps down)...is so far away from "Stock" its laughable......so the block & "bare" engine may be stock....but the rest ain't

In all seriousness, your money do what you want....but as others have said total waste of money might as well swap a 5cyl from the Audi.....

"power is useless without control"........& reliability...but it does sound like a test bed for that turbo/developer etc....

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
"Stock"....I'm certain there was a forum member on here who was posting loads of Draggy stuff from his claimed "stock" GSW.....sounds like a similar type of thinking...

& BTW that car is so highly modified from the base MK7 Golf R its not true...& fitting the revised MK7.5 EA288, a bigger turbo, custom ECU, flex fuelling, & menthol injection (to keep internal engine temps down)...is so far away from "Stock" its laughable......so the block & "bare" engine may be stock....but the rest ain't

In all seriousness, your money do what you want....but as others have said total waste of money might as well swap a 5cyl from the Audi.....

"power is useless without control"........& reliability...but it does sound like a test bed for that turbo/developer etc....
The point was the motor is stock internals.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The Iroz MK7 1/4 mile record that has stood since 2017 was set at what, 7k DA? Maybe it was 9K? I can't recall but it was way up there.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The Iroz MK7 1/4 mile record that has stood since 2017 was set at what, 7k DA? Maybe it was 9K? I can't recall but it was way up there.
It was in Pomona, CA summer time 4k

Pretty funny to think they did it soo long ago and it’s still holding.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The point was the motor is stock internals.

Not argued...

Just the video title & the way they go on about "stock engine" is soo click baity.......

Personally "stock engine" should mean as it came from the factory.....not a different engine, bigger custom turbo, methanol injection, custom ECU, modified fuelling, bigger modified VWRacingline exhaust, forge air intake, etc., etc..

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not argued...

Just the video title & the way they go on about "stock engine" is soo click baity.......

Personally "stock engine" should mean as it came from the factory.....not a different engine, bigger custom turbo, methanol injection, custom ECU, modified fuelling, bigger modified VWRacingline exhaust, forge air intake, etc., etc..
I can see where you might think that but obviously it wouldn't be possible to output that much power with everything stock. Then it would be just a tune and logically you aren't going to get 750 HP from a tune with all stock parts.