GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

400whp E85 GTI Roll Racing

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So what is your quantifiable idea of a fwd car performing well in a dig. 1.7 60ft or mid 4 0-60? Or is it a certain 1/8 or 1/4 mile threshold?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So what is your quantifiable idea of a fwd car performing well in a dig. 1.7 60ft or mid 4 0-60? Or is it a certain 1/8 or 1/4 mile threshold?
He's not going to answer your question because he has no clue. His only argument is trying to justify that you can't race a street driven fwd car from a dig but yet people do it all the time. Everybody else knows, but that toolbag, that you take your street driven fwd car and make the correct upgrades to where you can launch it from a dig, and go race it at the drag strip. It's not rocket science and then he's going to bitch about I didn't provide him any specific examples because he wants to be spoon fed everything. All he has to do is take the info that both Keehs360 and I provided and do a Google search or a Youtube search. Again, not directing this statement to you Escape Hatch, you take your street driven fwd drive and go race it at the 1/4 mile drag strip. Everybody that does that will make the correct upgrades to their suspension, tires, and engine/protune. So how's providing examples of modded Civics not good enough? All they did was take a street driven Civic and throw a bunch of aftermarket parts on it, along with a built motor and a giant turbo, to race it which is what we are doing with our MK7's, for those of us that do race at the 1/4 mile strip.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Personally. I’d just be impressed with a clean launch with a consistent sub 2 second 60ft time.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
So here we are, and I’m still waiting...

Like another member posted, roll races show the true power a car has compared to another car.

Wrong, roll racing shows an ENGINE'S true power vs another ENGINE, it has nothing to do with the cars. In a roll race, you are all but eliminating traction as a variable. You might as well just huddle around in a circle jerk and compare dyno sheets skipping the roll races, there isn't a discernable difference.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Wrong, roll racing shows an ENGINE'S true power vs another ENGINE, it has nothing to do with the cars. In a roll race, you are all but eliminating traction as a variable. You might as well just huddle around in a circle jerk and compare dyno sheets skipping the roll races, there isn't a discernable difference.
True. Roll racing removes all those variables. Except maybe reaction time?

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie

This makes no sense bro. If you took your car to a dyno, and the car spins, then the true power of a car isn’t shown. This is partly why dyno pulls are normally done in 4th gear, because it doesn’t spin. An engines power without spinning is the direct equivalent the cars power. You’re saying spinning tires shows a cars true power? That makes no sense.

This is why you can’t take forum members arguments at full value, no matter how much they try to offend...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
This makes no sense bro. If you took your car to a dyno, and the car spins, then the true power of a car isn’t shown. This is partly why dyno pulls are normally done in 4th gear, because it doesn’t spin. An engines power without spinning is the direct equivalent the cars power. You’re saying spinning tires shows a cars true power? That makes no sense.

This is why you can’t take forum members arguments at full value, no matter how much they try to offend...
On the GTI it’s 4th gear because it’s 1:1. Not because of slip. It’s for calculation reasons. Effort can be over and under inflated unless you’re 1:1 or as close to it as possible

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie

Show me where your street driven vehicle, on a street setup is getting a 1.7 60ft time? I’ll wait.

You dummies keep comparing track drag setups. This whole discussion was based off of Jersey asking why nobody dig races anymore, referring to talk about street racing, not drag racing!

I have continued to say that FWD is doable to gain a decent launch in the street, but like you guys have explained, it need to be set up right. I agree. But bro, a mid 4-second 0-60mph is not that fast! You guys are 0-60mph talking numbers that are decades old worthy. A RWD car, with the same power, will win almost every time! E46 M3 STOCK, with less power than a Stage 2 IS20 or IS38, is FASTER from a dig! Why? RWD, that’s why! That’s a fact! For some reason you guys are incapable of knowing basic physics.

YES, a FWD can be decent, but in comparison to RWD or AWD, it’s crap. And to make FWD good, you have to tune it, put better tires on it, better suspension, etc. If FWD was so good, it would be good FROM THE FACTORY, not modded.

For some reason you guys have to pester on in this argument, and then the only way for Jersey to feel like his argument is valid, is by making things personal, attacking me on something that happened years ago, but for some reason, even though he was never involved, he can’t get over it. That’s so hilarious and so 🤡’ish on his end. Drama Queen!! That’s why he’s not worth my time.

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
He's not going to answer your question because he has no clue. His only argument is trying to justify that you can't race a street driven fwd car from a dig but yet people do it all the time. Everybody else knows, but that toolbag, that you take your street driven fwd car and make the correct upgrades to where you can launch it from a dig, and go race it at the drag strip. It's not rocket science and then he's going to bitch about I didn't provide him any specific examples because he wants to be spoon fed everything. All he has to do is take the info that both Keehs360 and I provided and do a Google search or a Youtube search. Again, not directing this statement to you Escape Hatch, you take your street driven fwd drive and go race it at the 1/4 mile drag strip. Everybody that does that will make the correct upgrades to their suspension, tires, and engine/protune. So how's providing examples of modded Civics not good enough? All they did was take a street driven Civic and throw a bunch of aftermarket parts on it, along with a built motor and a giant turbo, to race it which is what we are doing with our MK7's, for those of us that do race at the 1/4 mile strip.

Yeah I never answered his comment.

You’re a clown 🤡 bro. At this point I feel like I turn you on, because you seem to think of me so often, and hold onto things of the past. Come out of the closet already dude. Please don’t use my pictures for your alone time...

You say “everyone else knows” when there were literally several other dudes in this chat disagreeing with you. You’re a 🤡 bro. You can take whatever you want from this. I won’t be responding more. Don’t have time for idiots.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Show me where your street driven vehicle, on a street setup is getting a 1.7 60ft time? I’ll wait.

You dummies keep comparing track drag setups. This whole discussion was based off of Jersey asking why nobody dig races anymore, referring to talk about street racing, not drag racing!

I have continued to say that FWD is doable to gain a decent launch in the street, but like you guys have explained, it need to be set up right. I agree. But bro, a mid 4-second 0-60mph is not that fast! You guys are 0-60mph talking numbers that are decades old worthy. A RWD car, with the same power, will win almost every time! E46 M3 STOCK, with less power than a Stage 2 IS20 or IS38, is FASTER from a dig! Why? RWD, that’s why! That’s a fact! For some reason you guys are incapable of knowing basic physics.

YES, a FWD can be decent, but in comparison to RWD or AWD, it’s crap. And to make FWD good, you have to tune it, put better tires on it, better suspension, etc. If FWD was so good, it would be good FROM THE FACTORY, not modded.

For some reason you guys have to pester on in this argument, and then the only way for Jersey to feel like his argument is valid, is by making things personal, attacking me on something that happened years ago, but for some reason, even though he was never involved, he can’t get over it. That’s so hilarious and so 🤡’ish on his end. Drama Queen!! That’s why he’s not worth my time.

Okay, I tried giving you the benefit of doubt but you are just a dip shit. My questions were hypothetical in asking you for a quantifiable metric you would find as acceptable for fwd performance. You turned it into something much larger and never answered my question which leads me to believe you are arguing to be right instead of coming to a mutual understanding.