GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

400whp E85 GTI Roll Racing

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Hello all!

We welcome back the Jewels MK7.5 GTI to the forums! This time we've got an IS38+ Turbo from JD Eurosports strapped to the GTI. Running Full E85 (no MPI) on a conservative tune. Less Timing, Less boost compared to the Full E85 IS20 setup we once had. Took it out for some fun and here is a vid of it in action.

If you've been following the build on our YT you will see it is currently dyno tuned. Made 408WHP on E70. Subscribe to the Youtube channel for ALL updates on this build as we plan on doing a full review very soon!

1slow2.0

My Fast says you're slow
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Let me know if you ever need a camera man for a ride along.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Wow, Mexico has a bunch of nice cars.

Dope video. I’m shocked and confused. The GT lost ground quick while the ss fought harder. That’s so weird

be safe out there!

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Sure, but the tracks aren’t open every night. Most don’t have a local track. Waiting in long staging lanes in summer in a fwd car is meh. Roll racing is fun, and as you’re figuring out, it’s becoming more mainstream than street digs on an unprepped surface. It’s also more real life scenario to what goes down on most highways daily. Ever been i95/i595 in SFL. It’s Mexico allll day long.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sure, but the tracks aren’t open every night. Most don’t have a local track. Waiting in long staging lanes in summer in a fwd car is meh. Roll racing is fun, and as you’re figuring out, it’s becoming more mainstream than street digs on an unprepped surface. It’s also more real life scenario to what goes down on most highways daily. Ever been i95/i595 in SFL. It’s Mexico allll day long.
yes, i have, originally from miami.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Track is ideal but if you have a local spot that is long enough to race from a dig, then why not?
with fwd and 400+ tq? nah not really
I don't have any issues especially now with the R888R tires. People need to get over the mindset of FWD cars are not able to race from a dig. There are pros that do it with Civics that are tin cans running 8's in the 1/4 mile. Yes, I know, that is a prepped track and different from the street. I was just using that as an example. You just need the supporting suspension mods, sticky tires, and the correct tune.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Track is ideal but if you have a local spot that is long enough to race from a dig, then why not?

I don't have any issues especially now with the R888R tires. People need to get over the mindset of FWD cars are not able to race from a dig. There are pros that do it with Civics that are tin cans running 8's in the 1/4 mile. Yes, I know, that is a prepped track and different from the street. I was just using that as an example. You just need the supporting suspension mods, sticky tires, and the correct tune.

.... and a limited slip differential ....

It's coming... I'M SO EXCITED! CAN YOU TELL?

1623899981079.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

The trick is in the tq reduction. Or boost map per gear. The idea of making the car slower in the first two gears making the car actually faster escapes folks.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Comparing professional drivers in gutted race cars to regular Joes that have full weight daily drivers and street suspensions is not a great argument for the ease of FWD dig racing.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The trick is in the tq reduction. Or boost map per gear. The idea of making the car slower in the first two gears making the car actually faster escapes folks.
Yep and knowing how to drive/launch your car.

Comparing professional drivers in gutted race cars to regular Joes that have full weight daily drivers and street suspensions is not a great argument for the ease of FWD dig racing.
Holy shit man, it was a damn example letting him know that it can be accomplished.