EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
no, since i go through two sets of 4s's a year i was stupid and didnt get it.

How many sets of tires could you have bought with the added cost on all your tire sets, all for this one use?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How many sets of tires could you have bought with the added cost on all your tire sets, all for this one use?
Would the offset of only purchasing Liability Insurance over full coverage end up just paying for a one time not at fault accident ? Posibaly , but how many people are going to drive around with this logic . Yes the cost of Road hazard over a few sets of tires would cover one tire cost, I personally dont like rolling the dive that way.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Would the offset of only purchasing Liability Insurance over full coverage end up just paying for a one time not at fault accident ? Posibaly , but how many people are going to drive around with this logic . Yes the cost of Road hazard over a few sets of tires would cover one tire cost, I personally dont like rolling the dive that way.
Ooooh I get what he was trying to say based on your reply

since I go through a set of 4s’s in 3-3.5 months. And since I buy two sets a year. I never bothered with the insurance (certificate for refund and replacement). I also considered the fact that my mileage driven is always remarkably low. In 10 years time I would’ve driven 25-30k miles. I don’t drive much. Because of my personal factors, my stupid ass never bothered to get the “certificate for refund and replacement“ and as a result I had to buy a new tire. Fucking sucks.

I’ll make sure to buy the insurance on the next set.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ooooh I get what he was trying to say based on your reply

since I go through a set of 4s’s in 3-3.5 months. And since I buy two sets a year. I never bothered with the insurance (certificate for refund and replacement). I also considered the fact that my mileage driven is always remarkably low. In 10 years time I would’ve driven 25-30k miles. I don’t drive much. Because of my personal factors, my stupid ass never bothered to get the “certificate for refund and replacement“ and as a result I had to buy a new tire. Fucking sucks.

I’ll make sure to buy the insurance on the next set.

How much is the certificate per tire? Sucks buying a new one/set now, but if you factor in the insurance, how much are actually saving now? The way you go through tires, the savings on not getting the protection plan each set could likely pay for a whole set... not just one tire.

@toothofwar, I’m all for having comprehensive insurance because accidents happen at a much higher rate than a nail in the tire. That and the average accident repair and god forbid injuries is significantly higher than a set of tires on a VW. I can drop cash to replace some tires, less so to rebuild my way too expensive Tacoma. To compare buying a tire protection plan to auto insurance is apples to oranges.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
How much is the certificate per tire? Sucks buying a new one/set now, but if you factor in the insurance, how much are actually saving now?

@toothofwar, I’m all for having comprehensive insurance because accidents happen at a much higher rate than a nail in the tire. That and the average accident repair and god forbid injuries is significantly higher than a set of tires on a VW. I can drop cash to replace some tires, less so to rebuild my way too expensive Tacoma. To compare buying a tire protection plan to auto insurance is apples to oranges.
It’s probably 20-30$ And it covers all 4 tires, I think? I can’t recall the price but I do remember the price not being crazy high or anything.

I fucked up.