GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
And that's why my next project is a whole house generator and then solar panels. If electricity goes out, got solar panels. If it's dark or overcast, got the generator.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And that's why my next project is a whole house generator and then solar panels. If electricity goes out, got solar panels. If it's dark or overcast, got the generator.

What about if zombies?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What about if zombies?

Dammit. I didn't plan for that.

Project 3 is a bunker 100ft under my house that's an exact replica of my floor plan with a garden and chicken coop and a tunnel to another house a mile away for an escape route.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Dammit. I didn't plan for that.

Project 3 is a bunker 100ft under my house that's an exact replica of my floor plan with a garden and chicken coop and a tunnel to another house a mile away for an escape route.
Hugh Howey has you covered here.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
What about if zombies?
Treadmills completely Surrounding The house. Each treadmill has a small generator. Free electricity.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll take the cold over the heat anyday. It's easier to warm yourself up than it is to cool yourself down.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What are you talking about?

120 degree temperatures will legit kill you and there is nothing you can do about it without a fuckton of electricity (A/C very energy inefficient).

0 degree temperature has many many things you can do about it that do not require electricity.
It's a valid point about the electricity going out. At zero degrees for very long you'll need to worry about pipes freezing. Obviously neither situation is good. With regards to the inefficiency of air conditioners I do have an 18 SEER rated AC system. I'm on what they call the demand plan and as long as I control my usage from 3PM to 8PM Monday through Friday my bill stays low. My electricity bill for May was $44.51. And I'm 100% electric. No natural gas available at my location. My highest bill last year was $99.10.