GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I lived in South America, Africa, the Middle East, and some other hot as fuck places with little or no AC. Once you acclimate, you do just fine.

I'll never acclimatize to the Florida mullet.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Air line leaks are a bitch. I went with 3/8 line because it airs up and out quicker, but it’s harder to route through the car. I had to use a few 90 degree elbows in the trunk, where i could normally just bend 1/4 line, and all the leaks seem to be coming from them.

What 90 fitting are you using?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Air line leaks are a bitch. I went with 3/8 line because it airs up and out quicker, but it’s harder to route through the car. I had to use a few 90 degree elbows in the trunk, where i could normally just bend 1/4 line, and all the leaks seem to be coming from them.
I don’t know how to leave a thumbds down. 3/8 is overkill for a golf. 1/4 is easier to route and manage.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
1623901281040.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I don’t know how to leave a thumbds down. 3/8 is overkill for a golf. 1/4 is easier to route and manage.
Yes totally agree if the end user didn’t care about lift and drop speeds.

If someone says I went 3/8s SPECIFICALLY for a faster rate of lift and drop which it 100% does indeed do just that, then how does it equate to overkill 😂😂

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

I had 3/8 on my MK6 GTI and Jetta and loved the speed. I think the fronts lift and drop perfectly with 3/8. The rears are too quick, but that can be fixed with flow controls. I guess you could also just run 3/8 for the fronts and 1/4 for the rears too if you wanted to modify the manifold..

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
View attachment 216915 Dammit. Was washing my car and saw this. I’m at a friends tire shop. Gonna get it patched.

update. Took a look at the screw. It’s too close to the stupid cap. Left it as is and ordered a new tire
That's a day ruiner for sure

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
View attachment 216915 Dammit. Was washing my car and saw this. I’m at a friends tire shop. Gonna get it patched.

update. Took a look at the screw. It’s too close to the stupid cap. Left it as is and ordered a new tire
The last 2 times my tires picked something up, they turned out to be little 1/4" screws that weren't through the tread. Hoping yours is the same!

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Do you have road hazard On you tires?