GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That's because motor sports aren't real sports. Motor Sports require more tactics that physical prowess.

Those tactics are different than, say for example, football as they are far more fluid and individual.
Takes a strong body too though. Those g forces for extended periods of time fuck up f1 drivers who buy their way in

but yeah it’s a different kind of strategy.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's because motor sports aren't real sports. Motor Sports require more tactics that physical prowess.

Those tactics are different than, say for example, football as they are far more fluid and individual.
I disagree. I'll just use a Nascar driver as an example. It takes a supremely conditioned athlete to drive 500 miles always on the verge of losing control of the car in a fire suit that can be 135* inside the suit. No a Nascar driver doesn't need the skills a stick or ball athlete does but they sure meet the physical prowess.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I disagree. I'll just use a Nascar driver as an example. It takes a supremely conditioned athlete to drive 500 miles always on the verge of losing control of the car in a fire suit that can be 135* inside the suit. No a Nascar driver doesn't need the skills a stick or ball athlete does but they sure meet the physical prowess.
I agree with this and I dislike agreeing with jim

fuck u, Jim.

seriously though. It does take some physical conditioning for sure. A lot of rally drivers and f1 drivers are triathletes too

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Yeah, you guys are probably right - but it is a different kind of conditioning

Yep. Living a stones throw from the old Vikings practice facility, I saw plenty of the linemen shoveling shit into their flabby bellies... that type of caloric intake takes years of tip-top conditioning. 🤣

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep. Living a stones throw from the old Vikings practice facility, I saw plenty of the linemen shoveling shit into their flabby bellies... that type of caloric intake takes years of tip-top conditioning. 🤣
Those flabby bellies also run the 40 in 4.8 to 5.2 seconds and bench press over 500 lbs.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Those flabby bellies also run the 40 in 4.8 to 5.2 seconds and bench press over 500 lbs.

Meh. Never was a football player, but my last 40 was done in “oh fuck they shooting” in full battle rattle. Was a bit faster because my 9mm fell out of my holster and was dragging behind on the lanyard... so being unsprung weight and all.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Meh. Never was a football player, but my last 40 was done in “oh fuck they shooting” in full battle rattle. Was a bit faster because my 9mm fell out of my holster and was dragging behind on the lanyard... so being unsprung weight and all.
You should’ve seen my long jump with a bullet in my left leg 😂

it was probably pathetic but it felt like I could’ve gotten a gold medal

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
my domestic life partner’s whole family are the atypical mid-west sports ball people. It makes them confused and uncomfortable when I shrug and stare blankly at them during any conversation. In 1.5 decades they still haven’t learned IDGAF about any of it, and am unhappy that I pay for two sports ball parks I’ll never set foot in.
Seems like everyone I talk to in my area watches sports. I have no interest in watching it. I've played football, baseball, and ran track in my younger days, but I will not waste my short life watching dudes play a game. The looks I get when friends and people I meet when I tell them that I don't watch sports. You do you, and I'll do me...mmmk

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Seems like everyone I talk to in my area watches sports. I have no interest in watching it. I've played football, baseball, and ran track in my younger days, but I will not waste my short life watching dudes play a game. The looks I get when friends and people I meet when I tell them that I don't watch sports. You do you, and I'll do me...mmmk
Women’s volleyball during the olympics. There’s a few countries I watch. Cuba, Brazil and the others they try hard to censor 😂

I definitely watch that

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

That's completely wrong.

Motorsports are extremely physical. I've played competitive tennis my entire life, since the age of 5, I played pro challenger events when I was younger and I'm a certified USPTA teaching pro. I don't play anymore due to a chronic wrist injury, but I'll tell you,
an hour stint in a hot race car is every bit as physically and mentally demanding as an hour on a tennis court.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I am currently being trolled by this suspension company. They sent me MK6 coilovers with the wrong spring rates, and then took 3 weeks to send me the correct MK7 coilovers. They said they'd send me Swift springs due to their error, and I finally got them in today (one month after I took the car apart) and they're the wrong spring rates.

The springs do look nice though.