GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
Not my car. My friend's 2018 S3 on EQT E85 OTS with the autotech upgrade. Looks like boost peaks at 27 psi to around 5500 rpm and tapers to 21ish up top. Timing tops out at 16.5 deg. His best dragy run was 11.8 @117 full weight.

https://datazap.me/u/fchantham/log-1622800540?log=0&data=17-40-45-47-48&solo=45
Not much difference for sure, here is a log on my 2016 S3 on E30. I’m on 11.7s on dragy full weight.

https://datazap.me/u/rlugo74/log-1605060718?log=0&data=23-27-36-37-38-39

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Not even a hint?
What’s the deets on the new turbo??
👀

From Ed:s post
"Finally got a chance to do some in house testing on one of our new beta MQB turbos and it did not disappoint! This Golf R has a built block and un-ported head with upgraded valve springs. The transmission is all stock so we limited torque to around 500ft-lbs to keep the clutches alive until they get upgraded. The car has all the other usual supporting mods and is using a dual walbro setup for fueling.

This pull was done on E85, reaching a peak of 43psi of boost at 7000-8000RPM. We're at the point of maxing out the 4 bar PUT sensor and certainly the stock clutches, so we didn't go any higher for now. The wastegate was still under 80%, so there is potentially a bit more power to be had. Once the clutches are upgraded and we can bump up torque, I'm confident we'll see 700whp around 6500-7000RPM. Not too shabby for a completely bolt-on turbo on a 2.0l!
FYI, this is on our new dyno calibration as of 2021 which reads 6% lower than before. For reference, our tried and true Vortex XL all out maxes out at 560whp on this dyno.
Before anyone asks, we have a handful of these turbos out in testing and if everything goes smoothly we expect to release them toward the end of the year. We do not have any more test units available."

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Wonder if it can spool quicker with a built DSG box.

jwild7.5

Car(s)
7.5 golf R
is there any benefit of running close to an e30 blend with a 93 stage 2 map? prior to my stage 2 flash I was using JB4 running a e30ish blend after some calculations to confirm. This was very beneficial. Just not sure how this would be on a flashed tune? Obviously, a e30 tune would be the best route but I am curious if there is any negative effects as well.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
is there any benefit of running close to an e30 blend with a 93 stage 2 map? prior to my stage 2 flash I was using JB4 running a e30ish blend after some calculations to confirm. This was very beneficial. Just not sure how this would be on a flashed tune? Obviously, a e30 tune would be the best route but I am curious if there is any negative effects as well.
I used to run around e20 during the summer on my 93 Stg2 file. Definitely helps.