GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does Waze even work anymore? Google seems to have kneecapped it in favor of regular gMaps. And gMaps now shows cops with an icon that took me a few weeks to realize was actually a cop.
It still works for finding cops, but they ruined it as navigation.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I got an RGM Rearguard, that I'm not sure if I'm going to use or not.

1618593281653.png

It only took me about two weeks to get a small tear in the vinyl on my rear bumper, loading a large 50lb box in the back of my car :(

I used scrap vinyl to put a patch over it, which you can't see if you're more than 2' away from the car.

1618593350598.png

But my rear bumper does take a beating, putting stuff in and out of it. Going to have to think long and hard if I want to put it on, as I doubt I'd be able to remove it without damaging the vinyl.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
But my rear bumper does take a beating, putting stuff in and out of it. Going to have to think long and hard if I want to put it on, as I doubt I'd be able to remove it without damaging the vinyl.
I gotta take my old dog to the vet once a week or once every 2 weeks. He's 80 lbs and can't get in and out of the car himself, so I have to pick him up to get him in and out. I can get him in the car pretty safely without scratching anything, but getting him out without his nails touching the paint is a bit trickier. I took a towel and tucked it underneath the hatch floor a little bit, so now when I'm loading and unloading my dog I can just pull the towel over the top of the bumper. It keeps the towel in place and prevents claw scratches.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I got an RGM Rearguard, that I'm not sure if I'm going to use or not.

View attachment 210546

It only took me about two weeks to get a small tear in the vinyl on my rear bumper, loading a large 50lb box in the back of my car :(

I used scrap vinyl to put a patch over it, which you can't see if you're more than 2' away from the car.

View attachment 210547

Please don’t put that truck item on your car.

Just be more mindful when putting stuff in there, lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Please don’t put that truck item on your car.

Just be more mindful when putting stuff in there, lol

Yeah, I'm not going to. The initial hope was that with the other black accents on the rear of the car, it wouldn't look too out of place. But just setting it on the bumper, I'm not a fan.

1618596890694.png

I can definitely be more mindful of it, which I thought I was doing. Now more bummed about the small nick already in it, but can't really beat myself up over that. Like the idea of the cover well... coving it lol. But like I said, unless someone points it out, you'd probably never notice it was there. I could probably clean up the "patch" a little bit too.

1618597320469.png

Reactions: the

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah, I'm not going to. The initial hope was that with the other black accents on the rear of the car, it wouldn't look too out of place. But just setting it on the bumper, I'm not a fan.

View attachment 210560

I can definitely be more mindful of it, which I thought I was doing. Now more bummed about the small nick already in it, but can't really beat myself up over that. Like the idea of the cover well... coving it lol. But like I said, unless someone points it out, you'd probably never notice it was there. I could probably clean up the "patch" a little bit too.

View attachment 210561
I'd hit it up with a bit of plasti dip gloss, it would look better.