GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Got the EQT Stage 2 93 tune in my email today. Loaded on to my AP and flashed my car during lunch. Just waiting to do some pulls when I get off work. Super excited!
the excitement and thrill the first time testing the car on a stage 2 tune, No other feeling like it!!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Nice of him to bump it down a bit, still rough though. This was my first moving ticket as well, that moment where you're just hoping they aren't flashing for you hurts haha

they always bump it down, to provide the illusion of helping you out.

I got hit for a 79 in a 45 and he bumped it down to 50 in a 45. I still got 2 points on my license, as in the state of New Jersey (where I am licensed), 5Mph+ over is 2 points on license. In Colorado where it happened, 6+ is points.

in his case I genuinely feel he was being nice, he wasn’t a dick at all. In fact he even said “I know you’ve got a fun car and the mountains are the best place to put it to work, but you have to be mindful of how close you are to town.” I was, of course, 4.5 hours into a drive to Aspen and hadn’t realized I was <2 miles from town when I was doubling the speed limit lol.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don’t you have a FMIC?

My understanding is that those mounting brackets won’t work with fmic cars due to our pipes
You serious? I honestly wasn’t aware

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
A cardboard box won't help much. Especially if it gets wet.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The brackets won't fit due to how the FMIC hoses are located. You can just leave the brackets off. Won't be as sturdy, but will fit just fine without the brackets
horrible news....dang it

guess there’s no way to make it work? spacers?

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The brackets won't fit due to how the FMIC hoses are located. You can just leave the brackets off. Won't be as sturdy, but will fit just fine without the brackets
You've run one without it?

Looking at the design - it weighs more right in the front, and has no actual bolt or screws mounts in the front.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yet again a new Sachs dmf... gonna make sure To remind myself to not use 4K launch control this time around with a strong pressure plate and grippy disc 😅
88480AC3-D7BF-4B1F-A970-0AE618A36A17.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don’t you have a FMIC?

My understanding is that those mounting brackets won’t work with fmic cars due to our pipes

Looking at the design - it weighs more right in the front, and has no actual bolt or screws mounts in the front.
I contacted FCPEuro....they couldn't give a definite answer, but said if it doesn't work, they'll issue a refund and take it back. It's coming in today, so I'll get one bracket out and do a test fit and report back.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes

Had something similar myself to try out, but I'm going on the mounting holes that the one in question has. They both have the brackets in the same place. The tabs on the front, the screws along the side, and the bolts in the rear will hold it in place. The downside is the lack of locking tabs like the other factory options have to secure the front to the bumper cover. It's meant to be used with the brackets, but it will at least fit without them. Won't be very secure but it will fit.

I ended up getting the thin version of the full length tray. It's held up to impacts from ice balls at highway speeds this past winter.