GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don’t you have a FMIC?

My understanding is that those mounting brackets won’t work with fmic cars due to our pipes

The brackets won't fit due to how the FMIC hoses are located. You can just leave the brackets off. Won't be as sturdy, but will fit just fine without the brackets

You've run one without it?

Looking at the design - it weighs more right in the front, and has no actual bolt or screws mounts in the front.

Had something similar myself to try out, but I'm going on the mounting holes that the one in question has. They both have the brackets in the same place. The tabs on the front, the screws along the side, and the bolts in the rear will hold it in place. The downside is the lack of locking tabs like the other factory options have to secure the front to the bumper cover. It's meant to be used with the brackets, but it will at least fit without them. Won't be very secure but it will fit.

I ended up getting the thin version of the full length tray. It's held up to impacts from ice balls at highway speeds this past winter.
Absolutely confirmed that if you are running an FMIC, you cannot use this kit whatsoever. Reversing or swapping does not make a difference. Good thing they offer returns

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Absolutely confirmed that if you are running an FMIC, you cannot use this kit whatsoever. Reversing or swapping does not make a difference. Good thing they offer returns
Just get the cheaper aero cover at least you’ll keep the bay cleaner and car could be quieter... that’s the one I’ve ordered to add to the cover/aero panels I have

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Yeah, I'm not going to. The initial hope was that with the other black accents on the rear of the car, it wouldn't look too out of place. But just setting it on the bumper, I'm not a fan.

View attachment 210560

I can definitely be more mindful of it, which I thought I was doing. Now more bummed about the small nick already in it, but can't really beat myself up over that. Like the idea of the cover well... coving it lol. But like I said, unless someone points it out, you'd probably never notice it was there. I could probably clean up the "patch" a little bit too.

View attachment 210561
You interested in selling it?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
New brakes are in. 312mm Front setup ready to go in on Monday.
20210416_182200.jpg

20210416_182210.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Dope! U inspect everything yet?
Yeah. Everything looks good on both calipers/carriers as far as paint and everything, they were packed really well seeing as they shipped from Germany. Calipers/carriers/pads all came assembled together and wrapped with the dust shields and the rotors were a separate box. Picked up a set of braided SS lines prior I'll have tossed on. Found a local shop that'll do the swap and flush along with the cut/weld for the DP reducer so I can knock both those out at the same time.

Still getting quotes from local shops on the turbo swap and the engine and trans mounts. Might just do the mounts myself as the videos everyone follows seem pretty straight forward and I have a steel oil pan in the odd chance I crack the plastic one with the whole 2x4 + jack support. :LOL:

Though most places want around $550ish for the turbo swap, so I may just let them handle it at that. Don't really have the space to be draining coolant and stuff.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah. Everything looks good on both calipers/carriers as far as paint and everything, they were packed really well seeing as they shipped from Germany. Calipers/carriers/pads all came assembled together and wrapped with the dust shields and the rotors were a separate box. Picked up a set of braided SS lines prior I'll have tossed on. Found a local shop that'll do the swap and flush along with the cut/weld for the DP reducer so I can knock both those out at the same time.

Still getting quotes from local shops on the turbo swap and the engine and trans mounts. Might just do the mounts myself as the videos everyone follows seem pretty straight forward and I have a steel oil pan in the odd chance I crack the plastic one with the whole 2x4 + jack support. :LOL:

Though most places want around $550ish for the turbo swap, so I may just let them handle it at that. Don't really have the space to be draining coolant and stuff.
Nice! Glad for u dude

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Got my jb4 today, courtesy of @okMK still gotta wait to plug in till break in is up.. dammit 🥴
Dude I drive like 200-400 miles a month. Give or take. Bought mine in August. Didn't hit 1k miles till mid November. And as soon as I did I swapped the oil. Hit the dyno. Flashed apr stage 1 and dsg. Hit the dyno again

I'm still not sure what stock power was supposed to feel like

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Dude I drive like 200-400 miles a month. Give or take. Bought mine in August. Didn't hit 1k miles till mid November. And as soon as I did I swapped the oil. Hit the dyno. Flashed apr stage 1 and dsg. Hit the dyno again

I'm still not sure what stock power was supposed to feel like
Like less than a Honda minivan. 😂

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Like less than a Honda minivan. 😂
The wife's gli is stock. But I never romped on it. I do drive it aggressive on some roads. But I've never just stomped on it. I did set her lsd to increase traction a while back. It needed that. And I got her the dws06 continental tires

Only honda mini van I ever drove was k20 swapped with a turbo. Stock bottom end though, so boost was low 🤣

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The wife's gli is stock. But I never romped on it. I do drive it aggressive on some roads. But I've never just stomped on it. I did set her lsd to increase traction a while back. It needed that. And I got her the dws06 continental tires

Only honda mini van I ever drove was k20 swapped with a turbo. Stock bottom end though, so boost was low 🤣
You would probably have to go to stage 2 to beat that. 😂