GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I would have expected a 265 to rub on the right rear.

What rear camber are you running?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I would have expected a 265 to rub on the right rear.

What rear camber are you running?

I don't have my alignment settings, but I haven't changed anything in the rear, just installed coilovers. So probably pretty close to stock

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Apex just posted the group by info in the vendor classifieds. 17x9 look good but yikes, 20lbs is tough

edit: I'm sure the wheels will be bulletproof, I was just expecting a little less weight

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Then you will probably eat your fender.

I am already running 265's but they're fk510 with no issues.

So the fk615's are that much wider I.e. Saver to run 255's

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I am already running 265's but they're fk510 with no issues.

So the fk615's are that much wider I.e. Saver to run 255's
I'm running 235 fk510 on my daily wheels, and can confirm they are much rounder in profile than any of the 200tw tires. The 660, RE71, and A052 are all very sqaure

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Apex just posted the group by info in the vendor classifieds. 17x9 look good but yikes, 20lbs is tough

edit: I'm sure the wheels will be bulletproof, I was just expecting a little less weight
Yeah, definitely heavier than I expected by about a pound. Still in for them though, I'd rather have solid wheels I can trust than a blowout on a curb.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

That's pretty good for a 17 x 9 flow formed. IIRC, my 17 x 8.5 RSE16s are the same.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Had originally planned to run a 255/235 stagger, but looks like A052 in 255 is vaporware right now. Looks like I might be running 245 square to at least start the year

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Finally got my shocks back from RE Suspensions, so, tore the car apart to put everything back in.

IMG_4154.JPEG

Decided to go with the big front bar this time around.

I thought it was causing understeer, but we now know it was probably not the issue.

IMG_4158.JPEG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Finally got my shocks back from RE Suspensions, so, tore the car apart to put everything back in.

View attachment 207858

Decided to go with the big front bar this time around.

I thought it was causing understeer, but we now know it was probably not the issue.

View attachment 207859
9 hrs 45 min later the front is ready for ride height/corner balance/alignment

what I did
-removed both front brake rotors
-removed both front rotors
-removed both axle bolts
-drop the subframe
-removed OEM front sway bar
-cleaned up Hotchkis hardware
-installed Hotchkis sway bar
-removed winter struts
-assembled struts with new springs
-installed Ohlins struts
-put everything back together
-replaced every bolt/nut

@aroundomaha loosened the rear suspension bolts and removed the rear fender liner.

The rear should not take nearly as long.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
9 hrs 45 min later the front is ready for ride height/corner balance/alignment

what I did
-removed both front brake rotors
-removed both front rotors
-removed both axle bolts
-drop the subframe
-removed OEM front sway bar
-cleaned up Hotchkis hardware
-installed Hotchkis sway bar
-removed winter struts
-assembled struts with new springs
-installed Ohlins struts
-put everything back together
-replaced every bolt/nut

@aroundomaha loosened the rear suspension bolts and removed the rear fender liner.

The rear should not take nearly as long.

Oof, I'm planning on doing basically the same thing with the addition of swapping LCAs and knuckles... Might be in for a long couple nights after the rugrat is asleep!

Have a list of all those bolts? I have what I think is everything, but would be good to double-check before I start.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Oof, I'm planning on doing basically the same thing with the addition of swapping LCAs and knuckles... Might be in for a long couple nights after the rugrat is asleep!

Have a list of all those bolts? I have what I think is everything, but would be good to double-check before I start.
I'll publish a list later, car is on the scales right now and looks like I might not need any corner changes.