GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed Euro Engine Cover

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Likely named by guys in USA as we did not get the cover.

Weight? Na! Looks? Yes!

Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice.

I think I'l be going this route soon too. Do you have a link for that little ball seat for the cover or did it come as a package deal? Also, how hard was it to tap it into the manifold?

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
2018 tiguan cover is another option too.

Last edited:

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
^ Now that I like and would consider. Call me old fashion but I like a sexy one piece over a plain two piece any day, wink wink.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Looks nice.

I think I'l be going this route soon too. Do you have a link for that little ball seat for the cover or did it come as a package deal? Also, how hard was it to tap it into the manifold?

Ball should come with cover.
If not check ECS Tuning.
There is a place all set for taking the ball. Made for it.
Add a little lube and slowly screw in. You can turn a half turn, back out some, turn half turn, etc. Easy to do.

Just be careful removing.
Cover attaches with three forms of connectors.
Not like the 4 rubber cups on main engine covers.
I would remove before anyone else services. Most have not seen and might try to pull off.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If not check ECS Tuning.
Add a little lube and slowly screw in. You can turn a half turn, back out some, turn half turn, etc. Easy to do.

I would remove before anyone else services. Most have not seen and might try to pull off.

+1

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
If not check ECS Tuning.

Thanks Sandman!

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice.

I just screwed it in by hand 1/2 turn and then did the rest with a 10mm socket wrench. Took 5 seconds lol. I ordered from E acca in lativia. The ball mount and cover are separate part numbers. Was $35-40 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I think VW stopped fitting these as they were falling off into the fan.

I haven't tried to remove mine but From what I've read, it's pretty difficult to remove these with that ball post.
Resurrecting this thread from the dead, but wanted to share that I had this exact issue today. Lower Euro engine cover properly installed, felt VERY secure on the ball mount. Been running this for a month or so without issue and today on my commute sitting at a light, I heard a loud noise start coming from under the hood. Pulled over, popped the hood to find the cover had somehow come off and fell into the backside of the fan. I think part of the issue is that it only has an arm that rests on a portion of the engine and then one ball mount. Needless to say, I doubt I'll be reinstalling it.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Resurrecting this thread from the dead, but wanted to share that I had this exact issue today. Lower Euro engine cover properly installed, felt VERY secure on the ball mount. Been running this for a month or so without issue and today on my commute sitting at a light, I heard a loud noise start coming from under the hood. Pulled over, popped the hood to find the cover had somehow come off and fell into the backside of the fan. I think part of the issue is that it only has an arm that rests on a portion of the engine and then one ball mount. Needless to say, I doubt I'll be reinstalling it.

Don't take personally but hard to see how they fall off if installed correctly. Held on by three locations. One is a hook so not a secure spot on its own. One is a ball and rubber cup connector like on engine cover, so if on well holds on. The third is a long center arm that clips into a hold. To remove the clip has to be pressed in order to pull out. If long arm clip working and locked in and rubber cup/ball installed correctly it should hold. I have had mine for 6 years. On my second one because I forgot the left side is a hook and not a cup so pulling this side not good. Even with broken hook on left side it never came off.