GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

At what point do the rattles emerge?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
almost on the dot at 1k mile my sunroof started to rattle :sneaky:
lol I can imagine after a month or so of buying the car you walk back into the dealer where theres a crowd of people ready to buy and you talk all loud with the service manager, "YEAH I BOUGHT MY CAR LAST MONTH, THE SUN ROOF IS RATTLING NOW". Everyone around looks at you, then looks back at their contracts they're about to sign away and are like, yeah... no... and get up and leave. lol

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
I dont really have any rattles, 15 GTI almost 90k, but that being said I've wanted to bring this to attention for a min so I'll use this thread. Keep in mind I have 16" winter wheels on with chunk ass tires right now (live in RI), but when driving at 86/87 mph, I get the ever slightest "not as smooth anymore" rumble, but not a rumble really, that appears for about two seconds, goes away, and re-appears. not at 90mph, not at 83mph. SO weird and im wondering what it is, or if its just my imagination and my knack to look for sounds and imperfections lol. I was thinking about changing motor mounts maybe, dogbone mounts, etc.

Any thoughts?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I dont really have any rattles, 15 GTI almost 90k, but that being said I've wanted to bring this to attention for a min so I'll use this thread. Keep in mind I have 16" winter wheels on with chunk ass tires right now (live in RI), but when driving at 86/87 mph, I get the ever slightest "not as smooth anymore" rumble, but not a rumble really, that appears for about two seconds, goes away, and re-appears. not at 90mph, not at 83mph. SO weird and im wondering what it is, or if its just my imagination and my knack to look for sounds and imperfections lol. I was thinking about changing motor mounts maybe, dogbone mounts, etc.

Any thoughts?
To try and cure something that only happens at 86-87 MPH and is also intermittent is a pretty hopeless endeavor.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
My rattles started as soon as I swapped the stock tires for the AS3+. I can also feel every imperfection in the road.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
5 min after your first mod

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My 2018 had rattles as I drove off the lot new. My 2019 only has a little rattle in the passengers door when stereo is turned up loud, which is likely my fault after JL C1 install and I've been too lazy to get back in there and fix it. I just turn the radio down a little until it stops. lol.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
My 2018 had rattles as I drove off the lot new. My 2019 only has a little rattle in the passengers door when stereo is turned up loud, which is likely my fault after JL C1 install and I've been too lazy to get back in there and fix it. I just turn the radio down a little until it stops. lol.

lol off the lot new. Did you try to take it back and see if they could address it under warranty? Did you also test drive it beforehand and it had the rattle? I wonder how that goes about.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I get a rattle at low rpms if I accelerate a certain way on some days. It's the plastic covers by the rear view mirror and the ACC sensors. I could probably fix it pretty easy by just shoving a folded up piece of vinyl in there, but it hasn't driven me crazy enough yet.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
lol off the lot new. Did you try to take it back and see if they could address it under warranty? Did you also test drive it beforehand and it had the rattle? I wonder how that goes about.
It's a long story, but I ruined my Miata prepping it for STR autocross and went to the dealer to buy a regular Golf to commute in, saw a WSM GTI and offered them 24k, drove away an hour later. Test drive was pretty short and I think I was in love. Love makes you do stupid things.

A year later, gave it to my son, I was more in love with the Rabbit Edition. lol. I'm a slut.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It's a long story, but I ruined my Miata prepping it for STR autocross and went to the dealer to buy a regular Golf to commute in, saw a WSM GTI and offered them 24k, drove away an hour later. Test drive was pretty short and I think I was in love. Love makes you do stupid things.

A year later, gave it to my son, I was more in love with the Rabbit Edition. lol. I'm a slut.
Put on your make up, you whore.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Just about to hit 60k. No rattles or any such, but I did go pretty nuts with the sound deadening. It's pretty solid and quiet sounding now.