GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed Stern rear brace, isweep front brace, Eurosport front brace, and Rocket Wires puddle lights

How's it feel? I have an H&R rear sway bar, and ECS rear lateral braces installed. Soon to install EUROSPORT TSB and I have considered the Isweep front subframe brace

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Why does everybody feel the need to make these backhanded remarks? "I don't understand why other people are allowed to have opinions that disagree with mine"

Sheesh. If you don't like someones car just move on, its not yours. No need for indirect insults
Unfortunately you get a lot of that on this forum. One reason not to offer any comments or suggestions or ask what someone thinks about your modifications.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Fair point.
Just finished a bit ago.
Installed 30th Edition gearshift. -Really just the knob, all else is mk7 equipment.

Attachments

• 20210211_164727.jpg
    20210211_164727.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 122

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
This happened a couple hours ago. The other person ran a red light. Thank you VW for keeping me and my brother safe.

View attachment 191547

So I wanted to give a little update on this incident. Insurance ended up totaling it out and giving me about what I paid in. Also we are all good after a couple weeks of soreness, no major injuries or anything. GTI did a great job keeping us safe. They tried to fight me on some of the mods since according to the insurance company they dont "add value" to the car.

Fun fact, mods that insurance companies consider to "add value" are tint, wheels and mud flaps. Things that don't include exhaust, short shifter. Either way ended up about break even with everything I paid in so not too bad of a situation.

What I want to do now is recommend everyone get a dash cam if you do not have one already! Apparently the other driver told their insurance that "they thought they had the green". Yea I sent them the video and they immediately accepted 100% fault. Not going to upload the entire vid for privacy reasons but heres a nice little screen cap. Very obviously my green.

Moments before disaster:
1.png

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Just finished a bit ago.
Installed 30th Edition gearshift. -Really just the knob, all else is mk7 equipment.
Where did you buy that? I want to do the same thing, but I can't find only the knob. Every where I see people are selling the whole assembly which cost upwards of $100+, which I don't want to spend.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
After almost 4 years of usage I replaced the worn felt on my d-dock w/ EPDM foam.
20210213_D-Dock.jpg

Added a 2nd Apple carplay-ready USB-port to my car. Now I can use carplay either on my d-dock or through the second port.
20210213_USB-Carplay.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Added a 2nd Apple carplay-ready USB-port to my car. Now I can use carplay either on my d-dock or through the second port.
20210213_USB-Carplay.jpg
This is nice. Thanks for sharing the details

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG