GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FMIC questions

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
How has it been working for you?
it’s been working great. I don’t keep AP on my dash or anything but when it’s hot outside the car still seems to have power.

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m running a CTS FMIC currently, going is38 hybrid turbo, the website claims 450hp capable (which I understand you can’t really place a hp rating on an FMIC)
Would I have cooling issues with a is38 hybrid?
Anyone used this on a hybrid setup?

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
I would submit that the Volume of that IC and it's surface area is too small to cool your charge air enough using a Hybrid IS38. If you barely pushed that turbo at 21-22 you'd probably be ok - but I would surmise your aim is quite a bit above that.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I’m running a CTS FMIC currently, going is38 hybrid turbo, the website claims 450hp capable (which I understand you can’t really place a hp rating on an FMIC)
CTS FMIC is reported to have 528in^3 for the core volume. Which is right around where the stock R TMIC is I believe, but surface area is pretty small. As it's not in the middle of the heat stack sandwich I'd assume you'd see better numbers, but its on the smaller side of the FMICs. The ARM FMIC claims it'll make 575hp and is slightly bigger FWIW. TMIC may be a better fit for Hybrid, but I'd defer to someone with firsthand knowledge.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m running a treadstone trl8 front mount on my car...with a hybrid is38 at 28psi to redline, When I’m off Water/meth it’s around 15 degrees over ambient near the top end of pulls.

As a response from someone with a first hand point of reference... - my response = That CTS won’t be an issue per say but definitely won’t be optimal.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Look at getting one from LT motorsports if you want a bigger IC. Its 800 shipped for a huge vibrant fmic kit. That is the kit I went with for my Hybrid Is38

Attachments

• 20200921_191433.jpg
    20200921_191433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
  • 20200918_205052.jpg
    20200918_205052.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Yo but there is actually no point to have that huge ic smashed up behind the bumper... Is there any space between the bumper and the front of the ic where it covers?

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
Look at getting one from LT motorsports if you want a bigger IC. Its 800 shipped for a huge vibrant fmic kit. That is the kit I went with for my Hybrid Is38

Is that the TR10 core?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Is that the TR10 core?
No its a vibrant 12815 core. Lt used that because back when I ordered it the tr10 kit was on back order for 2 or 3 months

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
i was gonna recommend gti jakes kit baun performance. I honestly don’t know how it stands up against big turbos but, its great for is20 and im sure its good for hybrids. Depends on your needs to be honest. If your only tracking them maybe stock location ie v2 or ams, but if you just do pulls here and there then cts would be fine

Edit: I have jakes kit :devilish: stock is20

Last edited: