GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FMIC questions

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Did you consider Baun Performance FMIC? Don't know how it compares to the TR10 but it's the best quality. And it's made by a forum member.
For a hybrid turbo you're going to want to use jakes bigger fmic kit and not his standard kit if you're going to go that route

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’m running a CTS FMIC currently, going is38 hybrid turbo, the website claims 450hp capable (which I understand you can’t really place a hp rating on an FMIC)
Would I have cooling issues with a is38 hybrid?
Anyone used this on a hybrid setup?

Probably won't have issues depending on how you drive. If you're concerned go with a stock location, there's much more frontal area which is where the greatest temperature differential occurs. The Baun product is based around off the shelf intercoolers, so the R&D looks to me like comparison shopping and then figuring out how to make it fit. The stock location Majesty IC on eBay has good reviews. I'm using APR and don't have any complaints; there are a lot of options but the more demand you make of the IC the more you may want to align how you drive with one that is best suited to deal with those conditions.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
For a hybrid turbo you're going to want to use jakes bigger fmic kit and not his standard kit if you're going to go that route

My official recommendation is fueling based, not turbo based. If you plan to fuel said hybrid turbo with MPI, LPFP, and PM4 to really push it beyond what a HPFP alone could do you’ll want the larger option.

There‘re tons of cars running my standard FMIC with a hybrid turbo, some making 450whp with great IAT.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
My official recommendation is fueling based, not turbo based. If you plan to fuel said hybrid turbo with MPI, LPFP, and PM4 to really push it beyond what a HPFP alone could do you’ll want the larger option.

There‘re tons of cars running my standard FMIC with a hybrid turbo, some making 450whp with great IAT.
Not what you told me before but ok.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Did you consider Baun Performance FMIC? Don't know how it compares to the TR10 but it's the best quality. And it's made by a forum member.

If you visit the EQT FB page you'll read that your tuner advises using stock location and not FMIC.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Not what you told me before but ok.

I very well might have said something different before, but with dozens of cars below and above the capacity of the V1 intercooler now in 2020 with logs, time slips and dyno sheets I’ve fine tuned my recommendations accordingly.

Bottom line is I would never recommend something that isn’t up to the task for someone’s goal, just the same as I won’t sell something that’s overkill for them either.

At least 20 people wanted the V2 the week I announced it, and probably 17 of them didn’t need it.