GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone here have MTM tune?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No. I think u confused me for the other guy. I merely asked “how does what work” or some such.

Right you asked how does that work in response to the other guy who thought $675 plus having to buy a tune was a high price.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Right you asked how does that work in response to the other guy who thought $675 plus having to buy a tune was a high price.
No no the other guy asked how does it work and why does it cost x. I then asked him or her how does what work or something like that LOL

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Pretty much 675$ for the AP and 175$ for the ECU tune. Its 850 pretty pricey ngl. For a custom tune its 500$ which sucks. I saw it’s 390Tq for stage2 when you run 93oct w/ a DP. I feel like thats alot of Tq and persoanlly feel like that’s alot of power. I dont wanna run the risk of pushing my engine like that

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Pretty much 675$ for the AP and 175$ for the ECU tune. Its 850 pretty pricey ngl. For a custom tune its 500$ which sucks. I saw it’s 390Tq for stage2 when you run 93oct w/ a DP. I feel like thats alot of Tq and persoanlly feel like that’s alot of power. I dont wanna run the risk of pushing my engine like that
Custom tune and ask that tq be a lower number if possible?

the initial investment looks crazy but the ap device itself is a god send. It’s super useful.

frankly, stage 1 with a dsg tune costs anywhere between 1k and 1400 bucks. That’s an accessport with money to spare. Save up a bit longer afterwards and you can get a custom etune and custom dsg tune too.

I see a lot of options for the gti but the only ones that make sense to me at least is apr plus and the Cobb accessport/eurodyne solution. Of the millions of routes one can go those are the only two that truly make sense. To me at least.

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I think 390tq for stage 2 is pretty standard for most tunes, custom or not. With necessary upgrades you’ll hit close to that or surpass it. Maybe you can find a soundaktor mod that pops and bangs? 😂

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
390tq for stage 2 is pretty standard for most tunes, custom or not. With necessary upgrades you’ll hit close to that or surpass it. Maybe you can find a soundaktor mod that pops and bangs? 😂
Imagine a soundaktor mod that pumps in eurobeat!

frankly speaking, 390tq seems excessive for a fwd car man. This is just my opinion but honestly I’d be cool with like no more than 270whp and I wouldn’t want more than 300wtq. I guess I’m just a cheap date? I wouldn’t want to track something with all that tq down low. That must be wild.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
What do you guys think about Stratified?
Stratified and eqt are gold nuggets. Folks here with the accessport rave about their tunes, from what I’ve gathered. Though many seem to agree that the eqt dsg is better.

I’m just regurgitating what I’ve read here. I don’t think you could go wrong with either tbh.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
If $500 for a custom tune is "insane" to you then you're on the wrong forum.

Delete your account and go to whatever tuner you buddy uses.