GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A2B Motorsports RS3 Brushless LPFP FWD & AWD

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Pagparts 525 pump all day. 600 whp capable and doesn't have an issue with fuel pressure whatsoever.

carlos181

Passed Driver's Ed
A2B Motorsports came in clutch today after reaching out to them. Found out they are 20 minutes from where I live and fit me right in today. Got me set up with their RS3 LPFP and now I'm just waiting on getting the revision from EQT to finally start seeing what the car is capable of.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
A2B Motorsports came in clutch today after reaching out to them. Found out they are 20 minutes from where I live and fit me right in today. Got me set up with their RS3 LPFP and now I'm just waiting on getting the revision from EQT to finally start seeing what the car is capable of.

Glad to hear that it worked out well. Saw your other post in the PiR thread about the pump issues and especially the failure on removal.

Really hope the pump works out well for you. EQT setup Dubsto with his tune, and sounds like a couple of others as well.

Just curious, are you running an upgraded HPFP or MPI. Also, do you have upgraded fuel lines? Just want to have an idea of what fueling mods everyone is running.

carlos181

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad to hear that it worked out well. Saw your other post in the PiR thread about the pump issues and especially the failure on removal.

Really hope the pump works out well for you. EQT setup Dubsto with his tune, and sounds like a couple of others as well.

Just curious, are you running an upgraded HPFP or MPI. Also, do you have upgraded fuel lines? Just want to have an idea of what fueling mods everyone is running.
I’m actually running both HPFP and MPI. I had it upgraded prior because it was on the weak side. Didn’t plan on ever going hybrid turbo setup. I should probably swap the HPFP for a stock unit and sell it but not necessary from what I’m seeing. And I do not have upgraded fuel lines. Truth be told I'm not sure if it’s really all that beneficial for my 93 pump setup so I left it alone.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I’m actually running both HPFP and MPI. I had it upgraded prior because it was on the weak side. Didn’t plan on ever going hybrid turbo setup. I should probably swap the HPFP for a stock unit and sell it but not necessary from what I’m seeing. And I do not have upgraded fuel lines. Truth be told I'm not sure if it’s really all that beneficial for my 93 pump setup so I left it alone.

Oh yeah. Good point on the fuel lines. You would have to be pushing really high boost to potentially need it.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
That is an awesome deal. I just got my fuel line kit Tuesday. Would have been nice to save ~$150, but I'm not even mad. Will easily hit my power goals and turbo/engine limitations.

Picking the car up today (fingers crossed). My stock DV on my IS20 was dead. Didn't figure that out until the end of the day Tuesday when they removed it to install on the Vortex. Missed the next day order window for the dealership. Hoping I get a Rev J. First drive is today. Base map is already loaded on the car. Starting with 91oct.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
How did you know the DV was dead? Physically damaged or were you having boost issues?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
How did you know the DV was dead? Physically damaged or were you having boost issues?

Plunger fell apart on removal. Sometimes you can simply reassemble them. This one wouldn't stay together. Could have installed it and probably functioned just fine (as it was having no issues previously), but no reason to do that when it is only a two day wait from the dealership. And no reason to risk an issue on a brand new turbo.

I had one in my eBay cart three weeks ago and didn't order it. I am a moron. My stock one had almost 58k on it, 45k+ miles tuned. Some will hold up, but others fail. Just the way she goes.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
@aaronc7 Thanks for the note on the sale, just grabbed their MPI kit, have been going back and forth between them and PR, sale plus the flex fuel sensor included in their kit seemed like a good deal

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Plunger fell apart on removal. Sometimes you can simply reassemble them. This one wouldn't stay together. Could have installed it and probably functioned just fine (as it was having no issues previously), but no reason to do that when it is only a two day wait from the dealership. And no reason to risk an issue on a brand new turbo.

I had one in my eBay cart three weeks ago and didn't order it. I am a moron. My stock one had almost 58k on it, 45k+ miles tuned. Some will hold up, but others fail. Just the way she goes.
Oh gotcha. That's not a reason to really replace it but still good you did anyway I suppose. I put a stiffer spring in mine so it tries to shoot apart unless I hold it together

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Oh gotcha. That's not a reason to really replace it but still good you did anyway I suppose. I put a stiffer spring in mine so it tries to shoot apart unless I hold it together

I can agree with that. Just knew I would be able to eliminate that if I had any issues after getting the turbo installed. Between my installs and the shop I used for the turbo, everything is dialed.

Currently on 91oct, 26psi and 5 degrees of timing. Runs like a full tilt 93oct IS38 file based on my 60-100 times. And I am happy with that as it is just a winter tune file. I can run 93 and bump the timing slider as well.

Time for the full e85 tune. Goal is low 4s 60-100 full weight, and sub-8s 60-130. Might not be doable full weight, but I can sure try. If I can get a raised rev limit DSG file, I will be able to hit 100mph in 3rd by 7100 rpm or so.