GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A2B Motorsports RS3 Brushless LPFP FWD & AWD

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, EQT clearly set Dub's max DC to 88/89 for a reason. It doesn't make sense why your guys' duty cycle doesnt match up. 67 percent is probably way more fuel than it needs to be at idle. Low side pressure is probably very high and/or overworking the mechanical pressure regulator that's built into the in tank pump.

Based on the available info....sounds like it may very well be a tuning issue going on.

I don't remember all your earlier posts, you are EQT tuned? Ed or Nick?

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Yeah, EQT clearly set Dub's max DC to 88/89 for a reason. It doesn't make sense why your guys' duty cycle doesnt match up. 67 percent is probably way more fuel than it needs to be at idle. Low side pressure is probably very high and/or overworking the mechanical pressure regulator that's built into the in tank pump.

Based on the available info....sounds like it may very well be a tuning issue going on.

I don't remember all your earlier posts, you are EQT tuned? Ed or Nick?
Okay, I will bring it up. And to be fair I don’t know me and Klrider have the exact same root causes. We have the same issue of fuel cuts though.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Okay, I will bring it up. And to be fair I don’t know me and Klrider have the exact same root causes. We have the same issue of fuel cuts though.

I looked at your logs again.... (on my phone, so i might be missing something lol). Since you don't have MPI, we can't see low side fuel pressure. Either low side pressure is tanking (pump issue) or maybe the commanded LPFP duty cycle is too high and the fuel pump / controller is cutting out.

Hopefully it's a simple tuning fix!

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Update as I’m seeing more people have this problem on the FB group. I talked with A2B and this does *appear* to be tuning specific. They have tried everything under the sun it seems. MPI is not having this problem I believe, just those with HPFP upgrade. A2B will be reaching out to EQT to try and solve this.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Update as I’m seeing more people have this problem on the FB group. I talked with A2B and this does *appear* to be tuning specific. They have tried everything under the sun it seems. MPI is not having this problem I believe, just those with HPFP upgrade. A2B will be reaching out to EQT to try and solve this.

Perfect time to sell that HPFP and get some MPI in your life.

Diggs knows for sure.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

Glad to see they are making progress.... hard to believe there is a real link between HPFP and the pump. Maybe there are some differences baked in the base tunes for HPFP upgrades cars vs not that is playing into the exact issue. I'm sure they will get it figured out soon.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Glad to see they are making progress.... hard to believe there is a real link between HPFP and the pump. Maybe there are some differences baked in the base tunes for HPFP upgrades cars vs not that is playing into the exact issue. I'm sure they will get it figured out soon.
Yeah, that I do not know. I realized I omitted that their UM tuned cars for example are not having any issues. I would like to say that the stock HPFP would have the same problem, but obviously if you get the LPFP you are likely to have MPI or upgraded HPFP. So, I wouldn’t know of anyone with that combo to get their experience.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Perfect time to sell that HPFP and get some MPI in your life.

Diggs knows for sure.
I would love to. My only concern is the install difficulty (?) and the extra money I would have to shell out for 2 different e-tune revisions.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Aaronc7 hit the nail on the head earlier. They worked with Ed to lower the duty cycle tables as it was bugging out the controller.

There is the answer for anyone experiencing this and I’m sure EQT is aware going forward now. Credit to A2B for the good work to quickly figure this out.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
So they just lowered the duty from 94%? I’ve seen plenty of 450 pumps on EQT have no issues with that duty. This pump must flow a lot more. I figured that would have been the first thing to look at.
I don’t know all the details. It was Klrider44’s car that was in their shop. For my specific case I will have to see what Nick@EQT changes on my file.