GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some kind of Infiniti G37

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You're IS38 stage 1 Golf would beat a lot of GTI 's.
Ya...how is that even considered stage 1? lmao
unless he's referring to a previous setup

Sorry, yes....previous setup which was is12 and stage 1 tune. Which was marginally quicker than a stock GTI. Not current is38 setup.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Sorry, BMW 3.2L straight six, found in the E46 M3, the E36/7/8 Z3 M Roadster M Coupe and the E85/E86 Z4 M Roadster and M Coupe.

Thanks, after I asked the question I googled it.

I’ve never driven a BMW before, let alone an E36 M3. But I will admit that, the same time I was in high school and loved the VQ exhaust, I really wanted an E36 lololol. Is it NA as well?

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Well, if you ever want to live that VQ dream you can roll some pennies and buy a 350Z/G35. I daily drove an M6 G35 coupe for a while, and felt lucky to get $2800 out of it last year from the young man who bought it. I loved the exhaust note from the stock exhaust, one of the better sounding V6's to *my* ear. I enjoyed the car as a daily beater, it did use a LOT OF OIL though ... common early VQ thing though. Like this car would use a quart every 500 miles............ main reason I dumped it.

I never did any mods to this car other than replace a broken grille. The VQ35, for the price you pay for mods, responds really poorly IMO.... unless you're throwing forced induction at it.

My neighbor just sold his '06 sedan M6 G35 with the factory Ray's wheels on it for $1750 lol. Those wheels alone would sell for $500-600 on eBay.

Attachments

• 20190624_170732.jpg
    20190624_170732.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 112

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Well, if you ever want to live that VQ dream you can roll some pennies and buy a 350Z/G35. I daily drove an M6 G35 coupe for a while, and felt lucky to get $2800 out of it last year from the young man who bought it. I loved the exhaust note from the stock exhaust, one of the better sounding V6's to *my* ear. I enjoyed the car as a daily beater, it did use a LOT OF OIL though ... common early VQ thing though. Like this car would use a quart every 500 miles............ main reason I dumped it.

I never did any mods to this car other than replace a broken grille. The VQ35, for the price you pay for mods, responds really poorly IMO.... unless you're throwing forced induction at it.

My neighbor just sold his '06 sedan M6 G35 with the factory Ray's wheels on it for $1750 lol. Those wheels alone would sell for $500-600 on eBay.

Nice. I am entirely uninterested in owning a 2-door NA V6 that’s 14 years old, lol.

I’m very happy with my dead-silent, 170HP/184TQ Alltrack :)

Maybe one day I’ll find a “relatively” low mileage R32 VR6 (MK5) that’s worth picking up as a weekend car

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
do they still sound like 2003 350Z? Or they sound better now?

Mine cold start on HKS legamax with sound baffles closed

Caps off:

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Bolt ons mild tune on AWD mustang dyno:

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Sounds great to me, and impressive power. What are they using to tune, is UpRev still the tool of choice?

I still have my UpRev cable + licensee from my stillen supercharged Frontier days. I should dig that out of a box and sell it.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Sounds great to me, and impressive power. What are they using to tune, is UpRev still the tool of choice?

I still have my UpRev cable + licensee from my stillen supercharged Frontier days. I should dig that out of a box and sell it.

EcuTek, UpRev & COBB. I'm sure others but yeah those are the biggies right now. Rolling anti-lag, custom LC, flex, etc. most of the standard players are involved.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Okay then, you just convinced me to find my old UpRev stuff and sell it :)

I tend to hoard my tuning tools, but I'm 99.99% sure I won't own another Nissan product. Back when I did the Frontier, they were basically the only game in town. Their tools back then were like... about Eurodyne Maestro level of cryptic and half working. I'm guessing they've come a long way since then.