GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some kind of Infiniti G37

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Still one on the best sounding V6s made.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Okay then, you just convinced me to find my old UpRev stuff and sell it :)

I tend to hoard my tuning tools, but I'm 99.99% sure I won't own another Nissan product. Back when I did the Frontier, they were basically the only game in town. Their tools back then were like... about Eurodyne Maestro level of cryptic and half working. I'm guessing they've come a long way since then.
UpRev is linked to your VIN. You can't sell UpRev license to another person for another car once its sold, only the actual cables and stuff.

Only thing I miss so far about my G35 is the exhaust noise and RWD - had the resonator changed to a flowmaster one and it sounded amazing. Golf R sounds good but its not the same, and its not as stable in turns as the G35 was. Sold it for $2000 last Friday. It was rusted to sh*t, as per usual Nissan.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
When I sold my Frontier, I parted out the supercharger kit and flashed it back to stock. It was my understanding that put the license back on the cable?

Edit:

https://www.uprev.com/secure/support/

Looks like I'd have to email them two screenshots within 10 days, for a truck I've not owned since 2012. Such garbage, do not miss using their product. I might just toss the cable in the trash at this point on principal lol.

UpRev is linked to your VIN. You can't sell UpRev license to another person for another car once its sold, only the actual cables and stuff.

Only thing I miss so far about my G35 is the exhaust noise and RWD - had the resonator changed to a flowmaster one and it sounded amazing. Golf R sounds good but its not the same, and its not as stable in turns as the G35 was. Sold it for $2000 last Friday. It was rusted to sh*t, as per usual Nissan.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Since I'm in a mood now and we're talking VQ's, this was the truck. 2008 Frontier V6. I don't know why, but I put this Stillen SC kit on the truck out of boredom, ... and frankly it was a disaster and never ran quite right. The few times a year it would run right, it ran pretty hard for what it was. The water-to-air intercooler broke a couple times, and belt slip was a BIG problem. Their solution for getting the belt tension higher then started to cause it to eat snout bearings.

Attachments

• 100_2304.JPG
    100_2304.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_2306.JPG
    100_2306.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 113
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 101

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
It's that 01% that will cause you to regret it. 😂

I still have an N54 walnut blasting vacuum adaptor that is nearly a decade old even though I’m 99.9% sure I’ll never re-visit that platform. It’s like, the more specific the object’s purpose is, the harder it is to part with.
Since I'm in a mood now and we're talking VQ's, this was the truck. 2008 Frontier V6. I don't know why, but I put this Stillen SC kit on the truck out of boredom, ... and frankly it was a disaster and never ran quite right. The few times a year it would run right, it ran pretty hard for what it was. The water-to-air intercooler broke a couple times, and belt slip was a BIG problem.

Hell yeah man, did the same on a Dakota r/t. What a horrible disaster but man, the 1% of the time when it didn’t sound like it was going to eat itself or me, bliss.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Since I'm in a mood now and we're talking VQ's, this was the truck. 2008 Frontier V6. I don't know why, but I put this Stillen SC kit on the truck out of boredom, ... and frankly it was a disaster and never ran quite right. The few times a year it would run right, it ran pretty hard for what it was. The water-to-air intercooler broke a couple times, and belt slip was a BIG problem. Their solution for getting the belt tension higher then started to cause it to eat snout bearings.
People always raved about Stillen on VQs, but I think they were overpriced for what they were. Turbo solutions often worked better but because of the internals not being that strong you really couldn't put too much power down anyways.

The $ per HP ratio on those engines weren't that great because of how well tuned they were from the factory (even though I got 14l/100km). But man they are so easy to work on! I took off the engine cover and took a look at the Golf R engine for the first time two days ago and I was so confused. So many hoses and weird looking parts! There's this black diaphragm looking thing on top of the engine with two cream/yellow boxes on each side of it that I have no idea what it is. Got intimidated and put the cover back on.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
People always raved about Stillen on VQs, but I think they were overpriced for what they were. Turbo solutions often worked better but because of the internals not being that strong you really couldn't put too much power down anyways.

The $ per HP ratio on those engines weren't that great because of how well tuned they were from the factory (even though I got 14l/100km). But man they are so easy to work on! I took off the engine cover and took a look at the Golf R engine for the first time two days ago and I was so confused. So many hoses and weird looking parts! There's this black diaphragm looking thing on top of the engine with two cream/yellow boxes on each side of it that I have no idea what it is. Got intimidated and put the cover back on.

EA888 is chock full of fiddle bits but man, that 3P that I’ve relegated to the car port on an extension cord is staying out until it reveals its witchcraft to me. I literally don’t trust it much because of all the unexplainable tricks up its sleeves all while having a frunk and trunk...

Attachments

• 5B5CBDF6-A438-487E-9630-A2992EC7E614.jpeg
    5B5CBDF6-A438-487E-9630-A2992EC7E614.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 118

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I loved the Stillen supercharger when I had a 99 Maxima. Car was a real sleeper.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
did a pull with this guy a few months ago. his car was debadged, wouldn't be surprised if it was the RS400. there were blue LED lights inside the exhaust tips.. if that's an indicator

Hold up, that's Cent Hills, is that you ripping it down Durango by my house almost every evening? :ROFLMAO: