GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

jose019

I did. The Macan calipers mount straight to the knuckle, no need for brackets.
Awesome! Would you mind sharing which set of brake lines you went with? I just went through my 5th set of pads/rotors in 3 years so I need to upgrade asap.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Awesome! Would you mind sharing which set of brake lines you went with? I just went through my 5th set of pads/rotors in 3 years so I need to upgrade asap.

I ordered custom ones from TechnaFit as described in the first post of this thread. They were $60 shipped.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I ordered custom ones from TechnaFit as described in the first post of this thread. They were $60 shipped.

Did the same, and turnaround was only a couple days. Also got my calipers from Autohaus for $521 shipped.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
No, you want MK6 Golf R rotors. Those are early (2015-2016) Macan rotors, which don't use the same caliper.

This is really easy guys. Stop making it harder.

2018+ 2.0L Macan calipers
MK6 Golf R rotors
2018+ 2.0L Macan brake lines (or custom per page 1)
Pads for any of the cars listed on page 1.

I hear what you're saying, but would Macan rotors fit?

Sorry....

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Keep in mind not everyone wants Power stop brake pads.

Reactions: krs

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
All of the car models is good, but going by that ( I picked the Audi RS3 from your list) I am finding conflicting information and drastically different price ranges from the likes of Stoptech, EBC, and Hawk.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I went to the manufacturers website for pads, and used the Mustang GT Boss 302 to lookup part #s. I'd figure out the pad compound you want first, get the model from the manufacturer, and then search for that part. I ended up with Fedora DS2500s.

I'd probably jump on those Project Mu pads from a few pages back.

jose019

Did the same, and turnaround was only a couple days. Also got my calipers from Autohaus for $521 shipped.
Thanks! I got them on order.

On a side note, has anybody found out what size spacers are needed for Austin wheels? I run Austin's in the winter so I will need them eventually but also want to have them in hand in case my 18x8 O.Z. Ultraleggeras dont clear them.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Thought I'd add some more European cars that should also be compatible.
The Brembo pad part number is; p85123 and according to the Brembo website they are compatible with the following vehicles;
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 10.09.01.png
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 10.09.19.png
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 10.09.40.png