GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 MK7.5 gti Bad turbo

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
you seem to be very concerned about my turbo being replaced under warranty. The dealership knows every mod I have ever had on the car as I listed them clearly for the service advisor. How am I committing fraud?

You are not. You listed the mods and were forthcoming.

swapping out your parts to conceal your potentially warranty voiding items, in order to maintain your warranty, would be the fraud.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
#winnar

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
You are not. You listed the mods and were forthcoming.

swapping out your parts to conceal your potentially warranty voiding items, in order to maintain your warranty, would be the fraud.
Exactly, so how about you get the facts before coming onto my thread and telling me that I am commuting fraud against vw. This post was made to inform other 2019 owners of my personal issue, not to debate what fraud is.

LGriff86

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Urano 6MT Rabbit
What do you think your first sign was at around 1,000mi that the turbo wasn’t right. Sorry if I missed it above

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So was it the turbo and did it get replaced under warranty?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Exactly, so how about you get the facts before coming onto my thread and telling me that I am commuting fraud against vw. This post was made to inform other 2019 owners of my personal issue, not to debate what fraud is.

The facts?

You mean post 6 where someone commented “I hope you take it in with the stock downpipe on?”

Or, your response to that in post 9, “of course, I already have it taken off.” You continue, “However, it probably wouldn't matter because my dealer is mod-friendly(they offer apr tunes)... they replaced a turbo under warranty on a stage 2 car.”

The thread continues with others suggesting to conceal your modifications to maintain your factory warranty. As an informational thread to help others, wouldn’t you want to provide a complete understanding of how the world really works?

Emich Motors, I’m assuming this is the dealer you are going to, does APR tunes and is “mod friendly”. Yet they allude to some of these modifications void your factory warranty, which can be augmented with aftermarket warranties. It’s even on their home page.

EAD896F0-4BFB-48ED-AE3B-A4F909A3DE88.jpeg

despite your intent with your post, as often happens on the web, the conversation has changed to folks giving advise to you, and by extension others seeking information, to be fraudulent in their intent and acts.

You do not, by your own omissions, have an APR tune, thus not covered by APRs boutique warranty. You said nothing to support you were forthcoming and/or honest with the service writer that you had a cheap catted downpipe, which you returned to stock after the turbo was having issues. You also supported the notion of concealing the presence of mods to ensure factory warranty eligibility. Furthermore as a warning, if you decide to get an APR tune, get their warranty, then attempt to get the turbo repaired under your new warranty, this also constitutes fraud on your part.

Honestly, I would love to see a copy of your service write up showing “customer reports use and removal of aftermarket downpipe prior to issue” and a final bill showing it was all covered by your 6/72 warranty. I also wonder why you pulled off your down pipe to check your turbo, when you can just roll the car into the service department and say “car make noise, you fix.” But, I digress.

I apologize for bringing knowledge and warning to folks in your informational thread that fraud is fraud no matter how you try and justify it.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
corprin goes to sleep at night dreaming about fraud prevention

Nope, just get to read cases where people cry about getting caught and it’s not their fault someone told them it was okay.

Most of these cases stem from people running their mouths on social media about their activities.

But seriously. All night I was tossing and turning hoping the OP not only gets his turbo replaced, but does so without being shady.... and nothing to do with the current state of affairs in my area. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: